Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: can anyone recommend sub $200 headphones for the wife ?  (Read 7677 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: can anyone recommend sub $200 headphones for the wife ?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
I bought a pair of V-Moda XS a few years ago and still love them: https://v-moda.com/products/xs

The construction is rock solid, and you can replace the ear cups and cable, so they should last for years.  They fold up very compact, and they sound really good for my taste in music.  They make a 3-button cable with iPhone controls that I find uselful.  The mic on both cables (original and 3-button) has never gotten any complaints when using it for phone calls.

Here's the inner fidelity review: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/practically-perfect-every-way-v-moda-xs

I ended up surprising the wife with a pair of these i customized for her. So far shes digging them. So thank you for the suggestion. The design is really nice, they were smaller than i thought they would be (the ear pads) but for her seem perfect. I keep telling her to be real critical and let me know if she doesn't like something about them and so far no complaints.

She keeps asking me to try them out but i have yet to. I want her to make them her own before i start messing with them.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline djphrayz

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: can anyone recommend sub $200 headphones for the wife ?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Right on!  Glad I could help!

The rock solid build quality and replaceable cable and ear pads mean they'll likely hold up for several years.  You should take a listen.  They're a little bass heavy, but I like the way my taste in music sounds on them.
Mics: AT4031, DPA4061, DPA4099, AKG483, CA-14 cards and omnis
Recorders: MixPre10ii, Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10
Pre: DPA MMA6000, CA Ugly 2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com