Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR100 MKII Power Button repair? / File error - press enter  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Songcatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Well, not a good weekend for taping last week. I set up my rig and a couple minutes into the show I get the message "File error - press enter" on my Tascam DR100 MKII. I've seen this error semi-frequently, and can usually recover quickly. This time I press enter and nothing happens. I try pressing every other button that may make it stop, to no avail. Finally I remove all power sources, but I still cannot get the recorder to reboot. Trying to suppress panic, I pull out the other DR100 I keep for backup. It powers up, but in doing so, the power button breaks and falls inside the recorder! At least it powered up for the show, but once turned off, I can't power it up again. After I left the first unit unpowered for many hours and then reinstalled the battery, it booted up and works fine. My GPS pulls this same stunt, so maybe I'm doing something that really pisses off my electronics.

My questions:
1). What causes the frequent "file error" I get? I was running a fairly new Sandisk 32GB card with only a couple shows on it.
2.) Anyone have experience with the power button issue? Is it better to try to get it repaired or easier to just replace it? Anyone know how to turn it on without a power button?

I have a show coming up this weekend that I'd like to record both in the audience and off the board, and would really like both units to be functioning.

Thanks.

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DR100 MKII Power Button repair? / File error - press enter
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »
I think I know the issue. If you can check out your unit, does it have a little badge on the front of it that says "Tascam?" It does? Well, that's your problem!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com