Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best CDR???  (Read 5437 times)

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Best CDR???
« on: October 21, 2002, 07:04:37 PM »
What does everyone use for CDR...especially burning DAT->CDR (when you want it done right)  I just bought a spindle of 30 Memorex (white and blue) and they SUCK!  Error rates are crazy!  I've had good luck with Mitsuis...any suggestions?  ANything that's sold at the big chains (Best Buy Circuit City etc)?

Thanks!!
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Tim

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Best CDR???
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 07:45:12 PM »
The Memorex that come with the locking top are TY and are quite good. They can usually be had for pretty cheap too from places like Best Buy and CompUsa....

As long as your discs are TY you should be okay...

Tim

Offline phriendlyguy

• Taperssection Member
  • MEXICAN COUSIN!!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 08:14:22 PM »
fujifilm are fine, and fairly cheap.  best buy always has promos.  other than that, mitsuis are preferred.

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 08:35:44 PM »
I use kodaks, and they have been on sale at kodak's site for some time.  Also they say they are rated to 24... I burn em at 40 and have never had a coaster.

Jonny

Offline d swing

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 09:17:11 PM »
I used to swear by Mitsui until some of my discs that are only a couple of years old started flaking.  The top literally flakes off, it's not a myth (I was thought it was till it happened to me!).  Since then I've been using a variety of things, mainly TY discs (esp. fuji's) and Kodaks.

-d

Offline CrazyED

• Taperssection Member
  • w00ks.org
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 11:50:47 PM »
I too use kodak branded cdrs from kodak.com rule.  $15/50 cds...they usually have free shipping if you buy in qty.
Gear: Canon 350D, Canon 430EX, Canon 10-22mm/3.5, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 24-70mm/2.8, Canon 70-200mm/2.8 IS

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 01:04:14 PM »
I buy Taiyo Yuden disks from a guy at Media Supply he is Joe Navalance. I get them for .22 a piece plus shipping works out to about a quarter a disk, gotta buy 600. I find plenty of locals looking to buy cds and easily order 1200 everytime
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 03:55:32 PM »
I used to swear by Mitsui until some of my discs that are only a couple of years old started flaking.  The top literally flakes off, it's not a myth (I was thought it was till it happened to me!).  Since then I've been using a variety of things, mainly TY discs (esp. fuji's) and Kodaks.

-d

I had the same problem with a batch of Sonys.  Normally stick to TDK.  I work for CostCo at the corp headquaters and there is a warehouse next door.  100 Spindle for $15 after rebate.

-Kevin

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 04:27:41 PM »
I stick to Sony's and Fuji's made in japan.  Last I heard, this was the only way to verify that you were getting TY manufactured units.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.199 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com