Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bose 321 GS Home Theater  (Read 3194 times)

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
Bose 321 GS Home Theater
« on: December 26, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
My lovely wife (bless her heart) thought she was doing good when she bought me a suprise for Christmas: a Bose 321 GS Home Theater System.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=321gs_dvd_index

I personally have always thought of Bose as alot of smoke and mirrors.  I like to know real specs of stuff that I buy (which is very rarely i might add).  I feel that this system is just a glorified dvd player.  Am I looking at this wrong?  She could tell that i wasn't thrilled with it and told me I could take it back.  Any thoughts?
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Bose 321 GS Home Theater
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:57:32 PM »
If it were me I'd take it back, as long as I knew the wife wouldn't mind.  Do you have a home theater setup now?  You could get a nice setup for $900, and if you already have something you could get a kick-ass upgrade as well. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
My lovely wife (bless her heart) thought she was doing good when she bought me a suprise for Christmas: a Bose 321 GS Home Theater System.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=321gs_dvd_index

I personally have always thought of Bose as alot of smoke and mirrors.  I like to know real specs of stuff that I buy (which is very rarely i might add).  I feel that this system is just a glorified dvd player.  Am I looking at this wrong?  She could tell that i wasn't thrilled with it and told me I could take it back.  Any thoughts?
have you hooked it up yet? i listened to this system a couple of weeks ago. i was surprised at how nice it sounded.
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 04:06:05 PM »
No actually dont have anything home theater related now.  Yeah i am definately gonna take it back.  Any suggestions on some decent home theater setups around this price range?  I have an old Technics system from the early 80's, supposedly "New Class A" amp, tape decks, tuner, eq, disc changer, all are components.  This has been in the closet cause aforementioned wife hates the huge cabinet speakers that came with it.  I was kindof wanting to use some of those components in the system if i could.  Anything greatly appreciated.
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

have you hooked it up yet? i listened to this system a couple of weeks ago. i was surprised at how nice it sounded.

No actually i still have it in the box and was wanting to get some opinions of it before either opening it or taking it back.  I know i should trust my own ears and if it wasnt a bose system i would.  But i have always thought of bose with a negative connetation...  :-\

I might need to make a trip to best buy to hear it firsthand.
Still Missing Woody...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com