Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Art Phantom II questions  (Read 2472 times)

Offline rocknroll54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Art Phantom II questions
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »
Hey guys,

Alright so last night my Art Phantom II's batteries ran out. I'm not sure if it's because my SP-C4's require more power than the Art Phantom II supplies on 2 batteries or not, any ideas?
Also, I want to try to avoid this in the future, so last night someone recomended me a WalMart battery. What exactly will this do for me? Can it plug right into my Art Phantom II and supply more power if needed? I know this is a cheap solution which I really like at this point. If theres anything else you guys recomend, please let me know. Thanks.

-Joe
C4's>Art Phantom II>MIT 176's>JB3

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Art Phantom II questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »
I'm not sure how much power is drawn by the C4s with phantom...  The website says <2ma, but I doubt that...

Here's the stuff:  Typical 9v batteries have a capacity of about 500mAh, or 500 milliAmp-hours.  The 9v WalMart battery is 5400mAh, or almost 11times the capacity of a single 9v battery.

Hypothetically, if 1000mAh (2x akaline 9v batteries) runs your mics for 4 hours, the mics have a draw of 250mA per hour.  That means, if you use a battery with 5400mAh capacity, you can power the mics for 21.6 hours.

However, the ARTII has a 12v DC power input, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to use an external 9v battery...

I've also seen info that the ART II doesn't provide a full 48v Phantom, so right off the bat you'll have issues...  http://www.core-sound.com/2Phant/3.php   Of course, that info is on the Core Sound site, so take it with a grain of salt...

I think you'll be OK if you move to a Denecke PS2...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com