Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BUSTED!! Video taping DMB Philly last night  (Read 13628 times)

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
BUSTED!! Video taping DMB Philly last night
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:34:47 PM »
Well It happened I got busted video taping a DMB show.  Some girl narked on me right after Stay.  I am so pissed.  This security lady already had 2 african american gentleman that were quite large I might add coming from each side of the section.  She thought she was doing such a good thing and acted like I was a bad person or something.  I of course lied and tried to play off that I was recording with my phone etc. 

Meanwhile I am taken to a security office in the Wachovia Center and shaken down by the security and the Philly cops.  One guy, head of security I think,  tried to reach in my pocket and take my wallet out.  When I grabbed his hand and told him to stop touching my ass he said I hit him.  BULLSHIT.  The police then asked him if he would like to press charges for assault...can you fuckin' imagine?  Here I am not allowing my wallet to be taken and I am the assaulter?   Fucked up. 

In the end they stated that if I let them see my drivers license they would let me go.  I said I did nothing wrong and have no reason to give up my ID.  This 'head of security' stated that the police would search me and they would charge me with every crime they could for whatever was on me at that time.  I had a small amount of  C. indica  on me and the videos and chose the 'ill show you my ID route.  Plus getting out of this contrived assault charge was motivation too.  They copied my license and wrote down my section and seat number...It sucked now I am on file as a videotaper at god knows where.  What really sucks is that I feel like they share this information with other venues across the country and people will be looking for me and I will get busted running audio at taper unfriendly events.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Be sure to take some of my tix away because I got caught.

Peas,

dd

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re: BUSTED!! Video taping DMB Philly last night
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
 :police:
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 02:40:57 PM »
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 02:55:07 PM »
Note to self : Never order WH tix for Todd :-*

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 02:59:03 PM »
Note to self : Never order WH tix for Todd :-*

What is 'WH'  You know I suck at the internets gewang. 

I appreciate all of you guys giving me a hard time about this :'(

;D

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:01:44 PM »

warehouse (band fand club, presale tix)
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline Chris K

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 03:02:55 PM »
i think george is referring to "warehouse" tickets. its been a while but i think that is the dmb fan club that pre-releases tickets before they go on sale to the public. so when they took your name and number down, they will probably cross referenced against warehouse tix

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 03:04:17 PM »

warehouse (band fand club, presale tix)

ehh I dont want DMB fan club membership anyways.  Doesnt make me feel any less stupid though.

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 03:06:17 PM »
Another shitty side effect of the ebay scene.  Anyone who is seen filming/recording is automatically a bootlegger trying to make a buck.

Though, it's odd that this happened at a DMB show.  You'd think that if they were cool with audio they'd be fine with video too.

Offline Chris K

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 03:08:37 PM »

ehh I dont want DMB fan club membership anyways.  Doesnt make me feel any less stupid though.

yeah, but did you get the tix from the warehouse? did the person you got the tix from get them from the warehouse? if so there may be consequesnces

-Elvis Presley

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 03:20:59 PM »

yeah, but did you get the tix from the warehouse? did the person you got the tix from get them from the warehouse? if so there may be consequesnces

no ticketmaster...do you think they will be informed?

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 03:23:35 PM »

Exactly, if I bought tix for a videotaper and they got busted, if WH found out I'd lose my membership.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 03:33:05 PM »

Exactly, if I bought tix for a videotaper and they got busted, if WH found out I'd lose my membership.

Well I made a decision:  No more videotaping.  Its just not worth it.  :'( Getting me and/or others in a jam is not cool.  Luckily this time I am the only one that has to take the heat for my actions.  You make a great point gewang I would not want my actions to effect anybodys membership for any band....no matter how gay the band might be and its narking fans.  This may be my last DMB show too.  I am so angry and embarassed at myself for this one. >:(

I am sticking to what I know.....SPITTINESS 8)

Mojomonkee:  They did they treated me like a criminal like I was going to profit from the sale of these tapes.  I felt pretty small.  My lying to them did not cover up my feelings inside.  I was accused of bootlegging.  Doesnt bootlegging imply selling?  I have never or will never sell someone elses work in my life.  It was hard having those accusations thrown at me.  Fuck these guys on ebay they really are ruining things for us.  I didnt realize how much so until I came to this board.

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 03:44:17 PM »
Well It happened I got busted video taping a DMB show.  Some girl narked on me right after Stay.  I am so pissed.  This security lady already had 2 african american gentleman that were quite large I might add coming from each side of the section.  She thought she was doing such a good thing and acted like I was a bad person or something.  I of course lied and tried to play off that I was recording with my phone etc. 

Meanwhile I am taken to a security office in the Wachovia Center and shaken down by the security and the Philly cops.  One guy, head of security I think,  tried to reach in my pocket and take my wallet out.  When I grabbed his hand and told him to stop touching my ass he said I hit him.  BULLSHIT.  The police then asked him if he would like to press charges for assault...can you fuckin' imagine?  Here I am not allowing my wallet to be taken and I am the assaulter?   Fucked up. 

In the end they stated that if I let them see my drivers license they would let me go.  I said I did nothing wrong and have no reason to give up my ID.  This 'head of security' stated that the police would search me and they would charge me with every crime they could for whatever was on me at that time.  I had a small amount of  C. indica  on me and the videos and chose the 'ill show you my ID route.  Plus getting out of this contrived assault charge was motivation too.  They copied my license and wrote down my section and seat number...It sucked now I am on file as a videotaper at god knows where.  What really sucks is that I feel like they share this information with other venues across the country and people will be looking for me and I will get busted running audio at taper unfriendly events.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Be sure to take some of my tix away because I got caught.

Peas,

dd

-T for your troubles!!!

I've found asshole fans to be as, if not more annoying than security/managers/etc.  Seems they take it upon themselves to either annoy/report tapers, or hassle them for copies.  I've had so much of this crap I'm tempted to just go stealth, even though I usually have permission from the band and end up sending them copies of the show.

As far as video goes though, I've never appreciated it.  I guess if there were a good song or two, or a particularly interesting guest player, sure, but otherwise just get great audio.

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 04:33:54 PM »
Though, it's odd that this happened at a DMB show.  You'd think that if they were cool with audio they'd be fine with video too.

the policy has been no video for years now.  no video, no wireless receivers (IEM bullshit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com