Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Gap-glitch with Tascam DR-2d  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Andrea82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • The 1st and only italian site about Eric Clapton
Gap-glitch with Tascam DR-2d
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »
Hello guys,
I've taped several shows with my tascam dr-2d with dual configuration. I recorded a backup tracks at -8db.
When I have listened to that backup tracks, I noticed some gap-glitch here and there. Fortunately the main master files doesn't have this problem.
I used the same sd card sandisk I used in the past, formatted by the recorder. Battery Duracell new ones. AT943>bb>tascam.
I would like to know which was the cause of this.
Listen the sample at 8sec, 57sec, 1'18sec, 2'24sec:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c42pqhjbrx29b5o/Sample.wav?dl=0

Thanks for any help

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Gap-glitch with Tascam DR-2d
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
Hello guys,
I've taped several shows with my tascam dr-2d with dual configuration. I recorded a backup tracks at -8db.
When I have listened to that backup tracks, I noticed some gap-glitch here and there. Fortunately the main master files doesn't have this problem.
I used the same sd card sandisk I used in the past, formatted by the recorder. Battery Duracell new ones. AT943>bb>tascam.
I would like to know which was the cause of this.
Listen the sample at 8sec, 57sec, 1'18sec, 2'24sec:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c42pqhjbrx29b5o/Sample.wav?dl=0

Thanks for any help

I'd try a different card and I'd make sure it was a different brand too. That would be the easiest way to eliminate some possibilities. If the problem goes away, it is the card. If the problem persists, it is likely the deck, although that does not mean there is not a solution. You an only go one step at a time. I would also make sure I was using a class 10 card as it gives the best chance to be fast enough to capture a dual recording..
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com