Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD projectors?  (Read 4037 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
HD projectors?
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »
Anyone with some good links for info/reviews of HD projectors? Due to logistical issues, I think I am going to have to go the projector route instead of the Sony XBR I was planning on...

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: HD projectors?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:50:19 PM »
Some decent info here:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »
I'm not a fountain of information, but I have one, and I highly recommend it.  I think its awesome.  How big of a screen are you looking to go for?   

The biggest regret I have with my purchase is that I don't have hdmi inputs.  Take that advice!   :)
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »
How big of a screen are you looking to go for?   

The biggest regret I have with my purchase is that I don't have hdmi inputs.  Take that advice!   :)

Nothing too big, ~60" screen size or so would be fine with me. I wil def. look for one with HDMI, I want to go 1080p for sure.

Thanks for the tips guys, +.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »

Nothing too big, ~60" screen size or so would be fine with me. I wil def. look for one with HDMI, I want to go 1080p for sure.

60"!!!  Sorry but go 100"+  Personally I would head over to the display devices board at avsforum.com.  I've had the Infocus SP 7205 for nearly 3yrs and it is still running strong.  Has great PQ with exceptional 6500K right out of the box.  I'd be looking at either the Sony Ruby, Pearl, or the new JVC RS1/HD1. 

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »

60"!!!  Sorry but go 100"+  Personally I would head over to the display devices board at avsforum.com.  I've had the Infocus SP 7205 for nearly 3yrs and it is still running strong.  Has great PQ with exceptional 6500K right out of the box.  I'd be looking at either the Sony Ruby, Pearl, or the new JVC RS1/HD1. 

I agree with scott.  It's all about making it consume you.

I think projector is the way to go, personally.  I bought my house specifically becuase of the finished basement, anticipating purchasing one.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com