Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nomad 3 battery getting rare  (Read 34405 times)

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nomad 3 battery getting rare
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 04:30:57 PM »
i ordered 4 for someone else,

I just ordered two myself. It was either one or two batteries. It didn't give me an option to purchase more than two batteries. I guess I'll have to pay another $7.50 in shipping for more batteries.  :P

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 04:47:08 PM »
thats exactly what i had to do

i should ahve just called them,. cause i ordered 4 batts, and a leather case for someone else (roamer) and a set of faceplate kits for myself

did they come in an unruley huge box just floating around in there?

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2004, 07:56:55 PM »

Agreed, the Creative Store is getting WEIRD...

Here's WEIRDER STILL...  I bid on a refurb JB3 from the EBay store in August (instant sale), and then change my mind and don't give them my CC & shipping info.  Then I order 2 batteries, faceplate kit and remote last week.  I get a ship notice and tracking number for the JB3 ORDER from the EBay store, but my account on the Creative Store says the batts/etc shipped under the SAME TRACKING NUMBER...

I can only IMAGINE what the fuck is arriving on the 13th, in a 1.5lb package...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2004, 08:01:13 PM »
so i ordered a few for Roamer. they came in a huge UPS box with those 2 small batteries just floating around inside. absolutley no packing whatsoever

worst shipping ever?
you have awful luck with ppl shipping you your goods man  :-\
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2004, 09:22:21 PM »

Agreed, the Creative Store is getting WEIRD...

Here's WEIRDER STILL...  I bid on a refurb JB3 from the EBay store in August (instant sale), and then change my mind and don't give them my CC & shipping info.  Then I order 2 batteries, faceplate kit and remote last week.  I get a ship notice and tracking number for the JB3 ORDER from the EBay store, but my account on the Creative Store says the batts/etc shipped under the SAME TRACKING NUMBER...

I can only IMAGINE what the fuck is arriving on the 13th, in a 1.5lb package...

Rick

Same thing happened with me with an ipod case company, needless to say I had a very expensive bunch of ipod cases given to me for free.    ;D
mics & cameras

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2004, 11:00:05 PM »
so i ordered a few for Roamer. they came in a huge UPS box with those 2 small batteries just floating around inside. absolutley no packing whatsoever

worst shipping ever?
you have awful luck with ppl shipping you your goods man  :-\

it isnt necessarily people i have a problem with, it is business's. ive never had an actual person to person sale have anything shipped remotely like the last 2 packages ive gotten (V3 and jb3 batts)

silverbullet

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 03:15:16 AM »
My first refurbished JB3 came packaged nicely. I'll let you know about my next JB3 and batteries when I get them next week or so. I need to order some faceplates to help distinquish my JB3's, might as well get some batteries along with it.

What is so useful about the wired remote?

Offline Roamer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 04:21:44 AM »

worst shipping ever?

Thanks for the order. That's weird from Creative. I have seen large box when ordering CDs, but usually they fill in with paper / polystyrene / ...
Worst shipping I've seen so far is from Nuclear Blast Germany for the 'One Ltd Ed Box' from Nightwish. The CD was loosely fix to the bottom of the snowing ball, therefore getting all king of scratch during transport, plus the heavy snowing ball was damaging the displaying box ...
Back to the subject, would be interesting to see how long the PowerPlant external battery can power the jb3 for festival time ...

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2004, 04:44:01 AM »
i pm'd kindguy about it, but never got back with me *shrug*

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2004, 08:22:23 AM »

What is so useful about the wired remote?

I'm hoping it can be used to start/stop recordings, and just to see if the thing is running while recording (as I already know it doesn't show levels).  Mine runs behind a V3 always, so I don't care about levels - but the way my rig sets up, if I put it in a bag, I can't see the JB3 - so it'd be nice to be able to start it, lock it, and just see the track time as it's rolling.

If that doesn't work, I'll make an extension for it, wire it to the dashboard of my Electra Glide, and mount the JB3 in the TourPak instead of velcro'ing it to the gas tank console...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2004, 10:53:37 AM »
you know... i was always wondering about the wired remote... can it show you if you are recording or not?  that would kick some serious ass.  I personally never have to worry about levels either, and it would be great to justlook at the wired remote to see what is going on as well...

-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2004, 12:54:54 PM »
some info from kindguy - the battery plugs right into the jb3 and it powers it up no problem.  he wasn't sure how long it'd last, but he figured it was around 10 hours from his experiences with it. 

so one of these with 2 internals will probably easily get you 15 hours.  and the fact that they're only $15 - i'll take two!  way better than buying internals if you ask me, especially if you don't need to stealth it really.  and if you its the same size as a cd case, which isn't that bad.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2004, 12:59:28 PM »
some info from kindguy - the battery plugs right into the jb3 and it powers it up no problem.  he wasn't sure how long it'd last, but he figured it was around 10 hours from his experiences with it. 

so one of these with 2 internals will probably easily get you 15 hours.  and the fact that they're only $15 - i'll take two!  way better than buying internals if you ask me, especially if you don't need to stealth it really.  and if you its the same size as a cd case, which isn't that bad.

hmmm, lets get testing, if this works out, im gonna buy about 4 of em, maybe five, tahts still under 100 dollars :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2004, 01:01:34 PM »
yeah, considering the price of the internals now, this thing is badass.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2004, 01:05:28 PM »
dumb question, but how do you recharge that powerplant battery?

it says off your components charger, but how would it charge if the jb3 ac charger is in? where would the powerplant powerplug go?
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com