Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MAJOR Ipod problem  (Read 1705 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
MAJOR Ipod problem
« on: January 16, 2005, 08:38:28 AM »
It started with not playing purchased itunes. Well, actually it played them for a few days and then stopped ???, while playing imported cd's all along. I dl'ed the newer updater and problem solved. The next thing that happened may not even be a related issue, but the damn thing just locked up with light on. We did a reset per instructions(I guess if you don't have the power adapter handy your'e screwed). Now all songs are gone, wiped out. When going back to itunes her songs are all still in the library but her music folder has been deleted.
When trying to re-install her library back to ipod error message comes up stating itunes needs to be re-installed(prolly cause her ipod is not recognized anymore, her missing folder) When attempts were made to re-install with install CD, error comes up saying we have a later version and install will not complete, or something like that. After backing up her purchased music on CD, I deleted everything(only did a repair on itunes) and re-intalled with latest updater, again. Cool thing is the library remained intact and she was able to name her ipod again and her folder re-appeared.(prolly because I did not completely delete itunes and did a repair instead?) She was then able to re-load her ipod, but bummer is what the hell caused this and how to prevent it happening again?

Thanks, Tony

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com