Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vagas 8 video mixing  (Read 2105 times)

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Vagas 8 video mixing
« on: January 06, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »
Hi If I film an event with more than 1 camera anyone here know how to do a video mix so that I can show 2 camera shots at once?

I like to do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W311bVbrdnk&feature=related

Please look at 30seconds to 40 seconds. You will see 2 camera shots showing the event at at the same time in one screen.

Any info how to do it with or without screen shots would help.

Thanks a lot!!
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Vagas 8 video mixing
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
If no one gives you a detailed answer in the enxt 4-5 hours I can make a vidoe tonight showing you exactly how.  It's not really dificult. 

Once your tracks are lined up you have to manually size them in your preview window.  Then you create a new video track and cut and paste your angle switches into teh new track.  Your top track is your main track and the angles you paste into it will be full size since you did not resize your new track.  If you do not paste a new angle into that top track there is a blank space and it will show whatever is in teh tracks below it.  If the tracks below it are your 2 mixed tracks set side by side it will show that.

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »
Nevermind.  I was at work and didn't see the video when I was replying.  I thought you were talking about showing 2 videos side by side.  What you want is even easier.

Just use the Level setting on the top track.  Drop it down some and you'll see the track start to fade some and the second track come through. 

I'll still post a video showing how to do it.

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
Thanks a lot stantheman1976!!!

I really appreciate your kind help!!!  ;D
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:59 AM »
You  might also want to consider playing around with the "Cookie Cutter" video fx plugin in combination with pan/crop and the levels mentioned above (or better yet using a levels envelope on the track). With that three way combo you can do something like pan the above track to the right (with pan/crop), then carve out a part of that to let fade through (using the cookie cutter with a soft feathered edge), then fade out some of the top track (via level envelope or event level) to let just that right part dissolve through a little. You can do some cool shit with that technique with a little patience and experimentation.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com