Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile Help  (Read 13157 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DVD-Audiofile Help
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
thank you!

Offline imazephed

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • No time left now for shame
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Scott 5.1 seems to work fine. I used 24 bit flac files and it ran all the way thru no problems and made an iso. Now what do you recommend to burn it with. Its just an iso file no audiots or video ts is the correct? Thanks in advance
Schoeps mk4,mk41>kc5>cmc6>van den Hul Mic>Oade ACM V3>722 
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
Scott 5.1 seems to work fine. I used 24 bit flac files and it ran all the way thru no problems and made an iso. Now what do you recommend to burn it with. Its just an iso file no audiots or video ts is the correct? Thanks in advance

ImgBurn is a great piece of freeware for burning disc images (ISO files).

Offline libfab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
Thanks scott. I could only advise you to upgrade your cygwin1.dll (http://www.student.tugraz.at/thomas.plank/cygwin1.dll_1.5.25_.zip) in your new binaries folder. Also, I did not check, but do you launch mkisofs with the -sort option or with the Dave switch -dvd-audio (as I see you are using the patched version of mkisofs). In the latter case, it's no use putting in the sort.txt file in the binaries folder. I would tend to recommend using the -dvd-audio option, which is hard-coded and probably safer.

There will be updates of dvda-author in weeks to come and users are advised to grab the windows executable and replace the binary in plugins\DVDAudiofile_1.0.0\binaries with the updated tool.

For Windows users, an installer will be made available on http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net and after installation the executable will be placed under (C:\Program Files\dvda-author\)CB_project\dvda-author\bin\Release

Linux/Unix users are advised to recompile from source, currently successful builds have been tested for GNU/Linux, FreeBSD7.0 and Cygwin.

As I don't own a Mac, I'll be grateful if a Mac user could compile the current source code of dvda-author and test it.

Best, Fab
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:43:35 AM by libfab »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »
i'll try it out on my macbook pro tonight

Offline imazephed

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • No time left now for shame
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 08:50:06 AM »
Listing to a perfect dvda now. Thanks Scott and Fab  +T
Schoeps mk4,mk41>kc5>cmc6>van den Hul Mic>Oade ACM V3>722 
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline scb

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »
mac version to try out:

http://satellite.epix.net/~scb/dvd-audiofile/DVD-Audiofile%200.75mac.zip

i've made disc images with it but haven't burned any since i ran out of blanks.  so i can't test just yet :)

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 11:46:42 AM »
Good news that dvda-author compiles on Mac, thanks for this, scott.

Incidentally, you could get rid of 1 MB in the package: the cygwin1.dll library is only for Windows (normally 'smake' should create native Mac builds for mkisofs, which should run faster than the mkisofs port on Windows).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:15:33 PM by libfab »

Offline scb

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
yeah i forgot to remove it when i did the mac build.  woops

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:21 AM »
Hi Scott,
as you may have noticed if you browsed the DVD audio Tools forum, there's a project to add multichannel support to dvda-author. An experimental version S has been devised for tests (not distributed openly yet).

Also, I've added to 08.07 and later versions an option for hybrid-DVD building, which does about the same job as DiscWelder Chrome (you can get to DVD-Video tracks from DVD-Audio tracks and vice-versa with your remote control by just pressing a group number).

I think it would be useful to integrate these features in a GUI, so I've been thinking of writing a Qt interface. However, as there is already your java GUI around, which is portable and pretty functional, another option could be to develop it by adding the new features. I could possibly do part of the job if you're too busy for it just now.

Just tell me what you think -- Best, Fab

Offline scb

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
mac version to try out:

i've made disc images with it but haven't burned any since i ran out of blanks.  so i can't test just yet :)

tried a disc from this mac version tonight - it saw all the tracks but wouldn't play..not sure why.  might be best to stick with the old version for now

edit: my old version.  i didn't mean the old version of dvd-author.  the new dvda-author may work fine and my GUI might be screwing something up in the new mac version
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:37:48 PM by scott brown »

Offline scb

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »
Hi Scott,
as you may have noticed if you browsed the DVD audio Tools forum, there's a project to add multichannel support to dvda-author. An experimental version S has been devised for tests (not distributed openly yet).

Also, I've added to 08.07 and later versions an option for hybrid-DVD building, which does about the same job as DiscWelder Chrome (you can get to DVD-Video tracks from DVD-Audio tracks and vice-versa with your remote control by just pressing a group number).

I think it would be useful to integrate these features in a GUI, so I've been thinking of writing a Qt interface. However, as there is already your java GUI around, which is portable and pretty functional, another option could be to develop it by adding the new features. I could possibly do part of the job if you're too busy for it just now.

sure, i'm up for adding new features in.  not sure what the best way to do multi channel is from an interface standpoint, though. 

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »
mac version to try out:

tried a disc from this mac version tonight - it saw all the tracks but wouldn't play..not sure why.  might be best to stick with the old version for now

edit: my old version.  i didn't mean the old version of dvd-author.  the new dvda-author may work fine and my GUI might be screwing something up in the new mac version

...or it might just as well be an issue with dvda-author.
A good way to know would be to launch a command line and author a DVD-RW for a test.
Also, you could recompile the latest sources ("build 10") from sourceforge  with the fail-safe options:

./configure --enable-flac-build --enable-ogg-build --with-debug=full ; make ; make install

Note that dvda-author may have issues with files > 2 GB, although I have had no report on this so far.

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
Hi Scott,

sure, i'm up for adding new features in.  not sure what the best way to do multi channel is from an interface standpoint, though. 

Fine! There's also a Java developer in the forum list who'd like to help out.
The simpler option is just to use the kind of list box interface you developed, using multi-channel wav files authored with Audacity or other software.

There's another change to come too: so far dvda-author has been authoring titles automatically, so what you just had to do was packing up filenames in groups. Commercial sofware ususally enables title authoring, which should be implemented this month I hope. So a list widget would not do actually, unless you can pop up a sub-list for each title listed in a group window, by clicking on the title name. DiscWelder uses tree widgets, but there are other options too.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com