Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Multi-track in Sound Forge??  (Read 13348 times)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Multi-track in Sound Forge??
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »
Can it be done?

If it can be done, that would be great?  Otherwise I'll stick with Audacity for multi. 

TIA!

.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
Re: Multi-track in Sound Forge??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
if anyone can help with this I would love to know how also.... I like using SF since it is a little more simple than Samplitude, which I have not quite master yet.... lol
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
SoundForge 9 does have multi-tracking ability in the familiar SF workspace.  What it does not have is the 'render' feature that Wavelab has to render the multi-track mix down to two channels.   There are several different ways in SF9 to get multi down to two but none as a one-click button like in WL.

Also if you have some time there are lots of closeout software sites selling legal, legit boxed copies of SF at stupidly low prices.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »

Also if you have some time there are lots of closeout software sites selling legal, legit boxed copies of SF at stupidly low prices.

got a link? id love to upgrade to SF9
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
I couldn't figure out the multi track either. However I didn't give it much time. I do like the pencil function though.
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:12:07 PM »
Channel Converter in SF9 will mix multi-channel files down Guy.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
SoundForge 9 does have multi-tracking ability in the familiar SF workspace.  What it does not have is the 'render' feature that Wavelab has to render the multi-track mix down to two channels.   There are several different ways in SF9 to get multi down to two but none as a one-click button like in WL.

Does sound forge 10 allow you to do multi-track editing and render the mix down to 2 channels?
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »

[/quote]

Does sound forge 10 allow you to do multi-track editing and render the mix down to 2 channels?
[/quote]

Anyone know the answer?
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
Viva Audacity!   :D ;D :D

I like being able to make a project with two stereo sources ---

--- timing, leveling and enveloping each source in relation to the other
--- saving the result to a matrix.wav
--- loading the matrix.wav back into the project and solo-ing to check the result for chattiness or overs
--- making alterations to the envelopes to generate a better matrix2.wav (without having to kill the project)

It's free, and really all you need..

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com