Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with a problem to convert audio with HMA files from sony HI MD  (Read 9877 times)

Offline tony_zam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hello everyone,

I have a big problem with the convertion from .hma files to .wav files since 2007!, if anybody can help me I will thank soo much really.

I attended a concert here in Mexico City last 2007 with my  minidisc model RH910 HI-MD with 1GB by sony, I recorded the concert with great quality and when I get home I tried to make a backup on my PC vìa cable USB and the software Sonic Stage, and when it ran the process, in the middle of the transfer the conection broke and the minidisc sent me this message: "Error Disc Format" I tried for different ways to fix it but I can't complete the transfer, so, I backup the files on my PC directly but these files has the .HMA format and till today 2013 (6 years now) I can't find any kind of software that can help me to save my files to wav, anyway, still I can't play my files in any audio player, I heard about a software called winhex but I have no idea how it works.

Any help will be appreciate so much

Thanks in advance

Luis from Mexico City

Online beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Help with a problem to convert audio with HMA files from sony HI MD
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
Its been a while since i used sonic stage but dont recall hma files.I do remember a few discs that had a dropout would not transfer i had to transfer analog thru line out into cd recorder or another deck.

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:38:11 AM »
.hma files are encypted minidisc files with the beyond idiotic encryption that Sony imposed on MD. The whole disc was encrypted, not just each show, so if one went bad the whole disc was unrecoverable.

Contact Sony customer service. It's probably your only option. They were great at encryption--not so great at serving the people who were using their gizmos.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=68

Offline tony_zam

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
Its been a while since i used sonic stage but dont recall hma files.I do remember a few discs that had a dropout would not transfer i had to transfer analog thru line out into cd recorder or another deck.

the problem here is I can't play it anymore, I only kept the HMA files on my PC, I have reading a lot of this situation but almost nobody has a true solution,  somebody on the net told about the winhex program, about to creat a dummy file and mix with a normal audio file but really I don't understand this complicated program...

Offline tony_zam

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 03:18:53 PM »
.hma files are encypted minidisc files with the beyond idiotic encryption that Sony imposed on MD. The whole disc was encrypted, not just each show, so if one went bad the whole disc was unrecoverable.

Contact Sony customer service. It's probably your only option. They were great at encryption--not so great at serving the people who were using their gizmos.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=68

Thanks my friend but unlucky here in Mexico there's not an especialized service with this device :(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com