Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best DVD-audio software?  (Read 18056 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: best DVD-audio software?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
if you want the disc, PM me.  i've already sent pfife and sparke the link

thanks scott.  I don't think I'll get a chance to try it until tomorrow afternoon though.
 :)
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 11:26:38 PM »
hey, by "adding a picture track" do you mean adding a picture by following these directions for adding a picture?

Yes. 

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 12:01:17 AM »
I tried Scott's ISO image and I still get 1/4 second gaps between tracks.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 12:27:54 AM »

its your player.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 09:15:48 AM »
what is the DL site for dvd-audiofile that you guys are talking about?

i use nero and it works very well.
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 (coax out) > M-Audio Microtrack
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 > MacBook Pro

RebelRebel

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 09:21:29 AM »
what is the DL site for dvd-audiofile that you guys are talking about?

i use nero and it works very well.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=52892.0

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 04:22:41 PM »

its your player.

I burned it using nero 6 at 2x, verified successfully.  Toshiba 4960 can't read it.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 04:38:53 PM »
you made sure nero knew it was an image, and didn't just burn the iso as a file on the disc?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2006, 04:51:05 PM »
hey, by "adding a picture track" do you mean adding a picture by following these directions for adding a picture?

Yes. 

by golly, this works... its gapless on my 4960.  That means +Ts around.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2006, 06:36:14 PM »
i'm guessing that the toshiba player does somethign different with its buffers when there is a picture track.  but i doubt they'll admit the bug

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2006, 06:39:48 PM »
i'm guessing that the toshiba player does somethign different with its buffers when there is a picture track.  but i doubt they'll admit the bug

my review of this thing: its a total pos... but it does sound good when it plays. It sounds way better than my laptop -> Maudio Transit does.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RebelRebel

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »

my review of this thing: its a total pos... but it does sound good when it plays. It sounds way better than my laptop -> Maudio Transit does.

I wonder if there is any difference at all between the samsung hd841 and toshiba?? This thing(samsung) plays like a dream, gapless, sound quality is decent...no issues at all>... ??? i bought it for my wife to use in her listening room(i have the denon 2900) and it has been great.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:22 PM »

I wonder if there is any difference at all between the samsung hd841 and toshiba?? This thing(samsung) plays like a dream, gapless, sound quality is decent...no issues at all>... ??? i bought it for my wife to use in her listening room(i have the denon 2900) and it has been great.

my wildly uneducated, speculative guess: same thing w/ bad QC.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 07:52:39 PM »
I had the samsung HD841 and after seeing websites dedicated to the mods, the only difference is the shell, same circuit board and layout insdie.  I had nothing but gap problems with mine.  Great DVD player and works well in the bedroom now...glad I upgraded as well, because for the SACDs and DVD-As, I do think the DACs in the pioneer sound better (they should, better quality) than the DACs in the samsung

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »
Why do you guys keep suspecting the buffering on the Samsung and Toshiba players?  I agree that buffer handling is a possible culprit, but what facts make you suspect buffering in the HD841 or 4960?

Here's the facts as I understand them:

1) ISO images prepared with DVD-Audiofile do not play on a Samsung HD841 or a Toshiba 4960 without gaps.
2) ISO images prepared with Wavelab 5.0a play properly on a Samsung HD841 or Toshiba 4960 if you add pictures.
3) ISO images prepared with DVD-Audio Solo 1.1 play properly on a Samsung HD841 or Toshiba 4960, without gaps.
4) No one on recent threads has said whether ISO images prepared with discWelder play properly on a Samsung HD841 or Toshiba 4960, without gaps.
5) Other players such as the Denon 220 and Pioneer Elite DV-45a play DVD-Audio discs, regardless of which of the above programs were used

These facts could imply that there's something wrong with the Samsung HD841 and Toshiba 4690 players.  They could also imply that there's something wrong with DVD-Audiofile (or its underlying program, DVD-Audio Tools), but that most players are tolerant of the error.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:36:22 PM by SparkE! »
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com