Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Powering a V3>Minime>MT2 with Tekkeon 3450..can it be done?  (Read 3812 times)

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Hi just scored a Minime, and am going to add it to my my rig. Looks like im obviously going to have to buy another Tekkeon battery to power the minime or something else. Anyway is there a way to power all three off the Tekkeon? There is also an extended battery pack you can buy for the Tekkeon but no power outlets on it. any ideas, thanks

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Powering a V3>Minime>MT2 with Tekkeon 3450..can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
Possibly but you will need to understand you the amount of power you are going to pull.

You would want to run the V3 and Minime at approx 6V and MT2 at 5V off the USB port

- V3 pulls about 1A x 6 V = 6 W
 - MiniME about 0.6A x 6 V = 3.6 W
 - MT2 ? - myguess of 0.5A x 5 V = 2.5 W

Total around 12.1 W

The V3 has a Linear Regulator for the initial Power Stage so it is important you run as close to 6V as possible.

The Tekkeon runs for 50 Wh so you'd get about 4 hours max.

Also looks like Microtrack has an internal rechargable battery so this may pose an issue as well (if the recharging circuit is internal to the microtrack then issues may arrise as these circuits can draw alot of power) - you would definitely need to have the microtrack fully charged before use in the field.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:58:04 PM by H2O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
I run a Benchmark AD2K+, V-3, R-44 and an MT all off of the Tekkeon double battery pack.
All run at 12volts, the MT2 off the usb port. Get 6 hours with this setup. MT2 fully charged to start.
Thought the V-3 would be a problem but Grace told me anywhere from 6-14 volts would work fine.

Page shoepsnbox for a custom cable, he made mine.
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
I run a Benchmark AD2K+, V-3, R-44 and an MT all off of the Tekkeon double battery pack.
All run at 12volts, the MT2 off the usb port. Get 6 hours with this setup. MT2 fully charged to start.
Thought the V-3 would be a problem but Grace told me anywhere from 6-14 volts would work fine.

Page shoepsnbox for a custom cable, he made mine.

very cool, thanks for the info. i know i would deffinetly need the add on 2nd pack from Tekkeon. So you have a custom cable coming out of the Tekkeon to power the V3 and the AD2k at the same time?

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
So you have a custom cable coming out of the Tekkeon to power the V3 and the AD2k at the same time?

Yes, with three ends to power my three devices. Works perfect as long as they are the same voltage.
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
So you have a custom cable coming out of the Tekkeon to power the V3 and the AD2k at the same time?

Yes, with three ends to power my three devices. Works perfect as long as they are the same voltage.

Got it, thanks for the info.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com