Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anybody mix recordings from R-09 and M10?  (Read 5206 times)

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Anybody mix recordings from R-09 and M10?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
^ Again, that's assuming that the drift is constant, right?

Yes, that's assuming the drift is constant but the be honest you're the only person I've ever seen who said digital devices didn't produce a constant drift. 

In theory and practice I've never seen otherwise.  Are you sure there weren't other factors that made it happen to you?  Maybe it was limited to a specific device or model?  Or maybe the drive or card you were using had some issue?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:19:07 PM by stantheman1976 »

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
I understand that in theory temperature could cause an inconsistent drift but I've never had that happen to me; at least not to an extent that it was noticable.

If I did come across this problem, I'd probably chop one of the files up into sections (even into each separate song, if needed) and align and time-stretch them individually.

Having said that, if I did come across a drift that was quite so inconsistent, I think I would be suspecting an underlying problem in one of the recording devices.

I've mixed audio from a D8 with that from a cheap Sony camcorder and a prosumer Canon one, Microtrack and those two same cameras, D8 and Iriver 320, Microtrack and Iriver 320, R09 and Iriver 120, and R09 and M10 - consistent drift (to my ears, anyway) every time. Not saying that it doesn't happen though - maybe I've just been lucky.
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
Well, according to reply #11, I'm not the only one.
However, you may be right. There could have easily been other factors including user errors... ;D

^ Again, that's assuming that the drift is constant, right?

Yes, that's assuming the drift is constant but the be honest you're the only person I've ever seen who said digital devices didn't produce a constant drift. 

In theory and practice I've never seen otherwise.  Are you sure there weren't other factors that made it happen to you?  Maybe it was limited to a specific device or model?  Or maybe the drive or card you were using had some issue?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.321 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com