Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HP Photosmart 145 photo printer users?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
HP Photosmart 145 photo printer users?
« on: November 28, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »
Thinking of grabbing one of these for my dad for christmas.  Anyone use one?  How's the print quality?  I've read the znet reviews and they mention 'so-so' quality, yet pretty much all the customer-posted reviews have been very positive.  I suspect it would be more than adequate for anything my dad would want to print but figured it couldn't hurt to get some more reviews.  What do you guys think?  Thanks a bunch!
Rusty

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re: HP Photosmart 145 photo printer users?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:59:06 PM »
I'm a graphic designer and have used alot of different printers. One of the most respected is Epson. I'm a big Epson fan. I have a R200 Photo printer ($99 these days) which is a 6 color photo printer. uses individual cartridges which is nice because you only replace the ones you need to. They run about $11 each. But if you buy them at CostCo. They are about $45 for all 6.

I know you asked about the HP. I've owned HP's in the past and they are reputable. I just always felt that they use alot of ink. I do alot of full color full page stuff and just always felt the HP's put to much ink down. And just uses them up alot faster. I'm sure the one your mentioning is a good printer. I just thought I'd mention the Epson's.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 10:11:01 PM »
rob want another r200, ive got one and i just hate it.  i cant get the heads to align properly, the color looks off to me, ugh. 

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 11:42:42 PM »
rob want another r200, ive got one and i just hate it.  i cant get the heads to align properly, the color looks off to me, ugh. 

? thats odd. I've never had any problems at all. Worked out of the box and never gave me any fits. I'd return it and get another.

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 11:45:47 PM »
been too long to return to the mac store.  i think thats it for me for bubble jet printers.  i think im going to laser now since i dont print color at home.

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 12:03:23 AM »
I'll take it if you don't want it. I'll see if I can get it working properly. It would be nice to have a backup.

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 08:42:22 AM »
I'll take it if you don't want it. I'll see if I can get it working properly. It would be nice to have a backup.

if you want to pick up shipping on it you can have it.  your poster should be there any day now.

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:07:48 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!  Will the R200 take a memory card directly from my pop's Kodak camera (SD media, I believe)?  That's one reason I'm leaning towards the HP is that he can print photos direct from the media and take the computer out of the equation.  While his computer literacy has improved over the years, I think he'd be more likely to fire the photo printer up if it wasn't required.  +T for the help!
Rusty

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 11:14:40 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!  Will the R200 take a memory card directly from my pop's Kodak camera (SD media, I believe)?  That's one reason I'm leaning towards the HP is that he can print photos direct from the media and take the computer out of the equation.  While his computer literacy has improved over the years, I think he'd be more likely to fire the photo printer up if it wasn't required.  +T for the help!
Rusty

No The R300 does though. Those are about $150 I think these days. Plus you can print on Printable CD discs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com