Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Kinda Cool Lens  (Read 2912 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
New Kinda Cool Lens
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:32:51 PM »
Trying something new for a cheap new lens:

www.lensbabies.com

Figured it looked kind of cool for a walk around piece- and at about the same price as a 50 f/1.8 I thought it looked fun.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: New Kinda Cool Lens
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 04:14:49 PM »
not bad at all for less than 100$....but couldnt you do this with filters..either digitally (post) or with a filter on the lens??? I know they ahve those filters that make lights streak(like stars) and colored and things...i figured they would ahve some kind of blur filter also.....
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 04:19:38 PM »
you wouldnt quite have the movement ability you have with this- you could do it in post, but this is just a little different.  plus i prefer to do as little as possible in post.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 04:30:03 PM »
i would agree...i dont even have a software to do anything in post....nice find tho...looks a little weird... :P
it says to bend it...would that not have some effects onthe glass in the longterm??  seems like it would be easy to break too...but I guess for 100$ its not that much of a loss, and could produce some interesting results....where did you see 1.8??  that seems really low.  I would think with the movable lens that it would be much higher  like a 5.6 or above....esp with that low price.....
Auditory
it's magic 

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:51:07 PM »

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 07:46:45 PM »
that is cool

i think i will pick that up next time i get some $$ to kill (so i should have one by 2008)

Raphael

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 11:40:48 AM »

Figured it looked kind of cool for a walk around piece- and at about the same price as a 50 f/1.8 I thought it looked fun.

doh! i misread..i thought you were saying THIS lens was a 50 mm f/1.8
Auditory
it's magic 

jpschust

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 11:42:52 AM »

doh! i misread..i thought you were saying THIS lens was a 50 mm f/1.8

hehe nah, this is a total approximation of a lens- i dont think there are many real numbers out on this lens- how could there be?

ok i realized before i buy my 180 macro i am in dire need of some good traveling legs and a ball head...ugh.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com