Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thanks for the add! Brand-new taper here... start-up setup opinions?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline NCsloppyP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the add.  I have heard that this is a wonderful community and a wealth of knowledge.  I look forward to learning the basics.  I am just beginning my adventures into taping.  I have been told by a few people that I know from a Pretty Lights fan page that this setup was a decent starter setup for festivals: 

Roland R-05/CA Ugly 2 or 9200/CA 14's  (omni or card depending on venue, taping location, and how stealthy I want to be)

I will be primarily taping in outdoor festival situations, large outdoor stadiums, and also some mid to large sized indoor arenas.  I like to view the shows on the left corner of the soundboard if it is accessible and more and less centrally located to the stage which it usually is.  The music is has a fairly high frequency range is can be quite bass heavy. 

Is this a good way to go from the start?  Buying this setup and a few accessories in within my budget of $300-$350 if I go used from my basic research.  I paid $100 on Ebay for a unit that is supposed to be in like-new condition.  We'll see...  If anyone has any Church gear for sale lmk.  I have a ISO up in the Yard Sale now.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Offline thunderbolt

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Music est vita!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com