Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nakamichi Question  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Tascamguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Nakamichi Question
« on: March 07, 2004, 01:38:15 PM »
 Ok Folks can somebody who knows the  Nakamichi CM-300 series mics straighten me out on something.  
This is what I thought each cap was:
CP-1--omni
CP-2--cardiod
CP-3--Super Omni
CP-4 --Shotgun

I have seen the CP-1 + CP-2  flip flopped several times, in fact there are a set on ebay right now where they are calling CP-1 cardiod.

While we are on the topic, I only have the omni's and Card's. What application would I ever use the omnis' for?  

Thanks,
Matt

P.S.
I Would be interested in obtaining some shotguns for a fair price if anyone has some they wish to unload.

BobW

Re:Nakamichi Question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 01:49:28 PM »
CP-3 = Super Omni ???

Offline Swampy

• Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline ingsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 02:11:30 PM »
have some naks, 1 of the 300 series, and i have (on loan) 2 of the 100 series.  the auction seems to have 2 cards, 2 omnis, and 2 shotgun caps.  i would say you can get the set for less than 350 it would be a good deal.  i think the going rate for 1 nak cm300 w/ 1 card and 1 omin is 100-125 bucks.  so add in the shotgun (not sure what the value of this is) and then multiply by 3.  hope this helps.  cheers,
ingsy
Mics: AKG C 414 B-XL II/ST, Nevaton MCE 400
Other: M148, AD-500e, AD-1000, ACM PMD 660, R09-HR, JB3

Offline cwfen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 04:57:24 PM »
The c-3 is the so called "super omni" or "pinpoint omni"... strange choice of names, but the polar pattern resembles a wide hypercard type, with a wider on axis response area and a rear lobe... Check out www.computorney.com/nak/ for more info and links...

jessedscott

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 05:09:39 PM »
Ok Folks can somebody who knows the  Nakamichi CM-300 series mics straighten me out on something.  
This is what I thought each cap was:
CP-1--omni
CP-2--cardiod
CP-3--Super Omni
CP-4 --Shotgun

I have seen the CP-1 + CP-2  flip flopped several times, in fact there are a set on ebay right now where they are calling CP-1 cardiod.

While we are on the topic, I only have the omni's and Card's. What application would I ever use the omnis' for?  

Thanks,
Matt

P.S.
I Would be interested in obtaining some shotguns for a fair price if anyone has some they wish to unload.

CP-1...Card
CP-2...Omni
CP-3...Pinpoint Omni
CP-4.... THE GUNS

Sorry, but I wouldn't sell my Guns if you had $1000.

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 06:55:52 PM »
"Sorry, but I wouldn't sell my Guns if you had $1000."

I agree I wouldn't sell mine either, unless they were for Neumann guns  ;)

I like running the CP-1 caps pretty much over the CP-2's. We also ran a pair of CP-3 caps, the three mic combo, blah blah blah. The best combo we found was two CP-3's used on stage always were the best. THe CP-2 caps sound so-so IMO. CP-1's worked well on stage but were best further back and pointed right the edge of the PA stacks for best performnace. I tied every pattern with these mics and ATS worked best.

For shotgun combos you could not beat the two CP-4's and a single CM701 in the middle all feeding into a Nak MX-100 three channel mixer. Now that worked great, especially when I fed it into a wmod UA-5!!

Good luck - those are fun mics  ;D
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com