Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Battery Power Question  (Read 1796 times)

Offline stevetothink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Battery Power Question
« on: September 22, 2008, 02:06:53 PM »
OK – Here’s the deal.  I’m brand new to this board but not new to the audio recording field.  I have a studio for recording music.

I want to make my own field recorder with equipment that I already have.  The only thing I really need is some sort of battery supply to run my laptop & mic preamp when a plug is not available.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,
Steve

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: Battery Power Question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:05 AM »
The simple, but maybe awkward way to achieve this is to power your gear off a car or portable sealed lead acid 12 volt battery of sufficient size connected to a 'true sine-wave' DC-to-AC 120 volt converter capable of powering all your AC connected gear in the field.

These special purpose True Sine Wave output converters are made by several manufacturers, and some are sold with internal batteries for UPS service for computer/audio sensitive equipment powering.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline stevetothink

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Battery Power Question
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:25 AM »
Ah - now we're on the right track.  Thank you for the response.

This is foreign to me.  Do you happen to know a person or store that can walk me through the best set-up for my application?

Thanks,
Steven

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com