Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Toast 16 and Mac OS 'High Sierra' 10.13.4 ?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Toast 16 and Mac OS 'High Sierra' 10.13.4 ?
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:13:02 AM »
Greetings all,

Just yesterday my wife upgraded the OS on our 2013 iMac from Mavericks to High Sierra, against my better judgement. (I was outvoted).
She needed the newest iTunes software to update her iPhone and iPad, but now I've got a problem.

I was using Toast 10 with Mavericks for CD / DVD burning (audio and DATA), and it worked flawlessly.

Now I had to dump Toast 10 because it won't work with the new OS.

Looking around online I see that Toast 16, the newest version, is extremely buggy when paired with High Sierra, and the reviews I read at Amazon.com are not encouraging.
Though I don't burn nearly as many CDs as I used to, I still want a good burning software to use when I do need it. Plus, I liked to use Toast to listen to groups of sound files and to check to see if my tags were done properly, etc.

I don't want to spend $80 to $100 on a program that isn't going to work. I did see that Roxio, makers of Toast, has a software update patch available that is 'Supposed' to fix the problems from High Sierra, but again, I don't know whether or not to trust it.

I HATE this new OS. It's slow, and the mouse pointer pops a huge erection every few seconds that really bugs me.

Toast is supposed to be THE number one burning software for Mac, but I'm kind of wondering about the problems with this new OS.

Anyone using this combination (High Sierra 10.13.4) + Toast 16?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

ONT-

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com