Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transcend SD 4gb 150x card issue (pertaining to R-09)  (Read 9216 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Transcend SD 4gb 150x card issue (pertaining to R-09)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 03:36:44 PM »
Jaledu,
3.8G is the correct formatted capacity. Try formating the card while the R-09 is attached as a USB drive (Trancend card in the recorder attached via USB to the computer, open Windows Explorer and format the card from there).  Always works for me & eliminates any third party reader variables.

dlantelme,
I flubbed a few at first with the recorder in my pocket when it paused or stoped inadvertantly until I got the hang of using the 'hold' switch religiously.  It can be tricky to un-hold, adjust levels, and re-hold without looking, being careful not to pause or stop without looking.  If you can best-guess your levels and start rolling then lock everything with 'hold' before you get back to your seat you're golden.

A small square of black gaffers tape will black out the beacon completely and still allow the transport controls to operate.  The backlight display is still a bit bright, but with the exception of the mic/line-in cable, the recorder will looks pretty close to a cell phone without the red light.  I pulled out mine out of my pocket (in it's cell phone case) at a string quartet concert at a church last week to check levels and the woman next to my girlfriend said 'oh he got a call'..  she told her I'd call 'em back later. ;)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Transcend SD 4gb 150x card issue (pertaining to R-09)
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 04:08:54 PM »
Gutbucket,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

That did the trick. Now I can play with my new toys.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com