Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon A95 users step inside please -- I got questions  (Read 2736 times)

spreadheadtom

• Trade Count: (0)
Canon A95 users step inside please -- I got questions
« on: January 16, 2005, 12:38:50 PM »
so I used my new camera for the first time last night to start my experimenting.  I'm sooo lost now.

can you guys recommend what settings to use for just normal concert lighting?
when I tried to take zoom shots everything shot came out VERY blurry.  is this because I'm old and can't stop shaking?

ANY help would be appreciated.

btw....the best pics I took last night....http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=33907.0

thanks!

Tommy

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Canon A95 users step inside please -- I got questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:39:10 PM »
Tom I have a small tripod that i can set on the ledge that they have at the visulite. But otherwise i looked at one that you can clamp to you mic stand. But uyou have to be carefull about movement.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:00:31 PM »
dont clamp to your mic stand, work off a tripod in this instance- what's your lens situation?

spreadheadtom

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 12:04:47 AM »
dont clamp to your mic stand, work off a tripod in this instance- what's your lens situation?

not to sound stupid --- I have no idea.  I have never used a digital camera before.

Offline Andi

• Taperssection All-Star
  • New Rig Soon or Bust!
    • FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 06:06:10 PM »
I have the A80 and its a pretty close 2nd to the A95.  I go Manual all the time and make sure that you are using the highest ISO.  You have be very still when you are shooting because the CCD might be having trouble finding a focal point in low light.  I usually try a couple of things.  There should be an apeture priority on your Camera which you can set to the lowest /f stop while letting the camera decide your shutter time. Or you could go with the M(manual) setting and set your shutter to open longer and your aperture to let in more light (smaller FStop number)  You definitely want to shoot in the lowest F Stop possible usually which will allow you to get more light in.  I think most of that blurry can be fixed in your pics be staying very still.  The A95 is def. a great camera.

Levels Dance when the Music is Good!
Nakamichi CM-300 + CP-1, CP-2 >AD20 > JB3

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 09:29:33 AM »
I find when zooming in, do not go past the optical zoom range.  If you do than you highly increase the chance of blurry photos as even the smallest shakeyness is caught due to the high zoomage.  This is just a AFAIK sorta thing, I have no photography training and go off of experience only.
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline suspect

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team Upstate New York
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 03:33:56 PM »
I also have an A80 and my pics come out blurry if it isn't on the Auto setting.  I find it very rare that I have to switch off the auto setting on that camera.  Try it and see if you like/dislike the pictures.  Anything, I'm assuming, is better than the blurry shit you're seeing.
SBD or Oktava MK012s > Kind Kables XLR > Edirol UA-5 (BM2p+ mod) > Dell Latitude CPx via USB

http://www.upstatetapers.com

Curator - Archive.org LMA

Offline Vally1978

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 11:34:14 PM »
I use the Canon A75, and its the best digiral camera I have ever used.  I was using a Nikon coolpix, but it took horrible pics in lowlight.  I love canon!  I take pics with just auto mode, because when I have tried other modes it just blurrs the picture.  Here are some that I took back in Aug. :)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:38:14 PM by Vally1978 »

Offline Andi

• Taperssection All-Star
  • New Rig Soon or Bust!
    • FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 01:33:22 PM »
Nice Pics Vally

Levels Dance when the Music is Good!
Nakamichi CM-300 + CP-1, CP-2 >AD20 > JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com