Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any reason not to buy this Onkyo CD carousel?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Any reason not to buy this Onkyo CD carousel?
« on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
So I have an old Denon DCM-420 that has never been so keen on playing CD-Rs, and lately it's getting more unpredictable with even older red book CDs. I want to stick with a 5 or 6 disc player because my main use of this player is to toss in a few CDs at a time, throw it on random, and go read a book, wash dishes, or otherwise busy myself elsewhere. I was checking into them yesterday and saw the DX-C390 and there seem to be mostly positive reviews of it, and I've seen it priced around $140 which is awesome.

I bought a modified Toshiba a few years ago for a single transport with decent fidelity (although it was never sent to me  ::)), and was thinking about going to Oppo route in lieu of the arrival of that deck, but for now I'd rather have the convenience over fidelity for the living room. And because my new car has a MP3 player, and the Onkyo handles MP3 discs (I told you fidelity wasn't a priority on this one) that certainly is a big plus.

Any reasons I should avoid this deck, or are there any others in that price point that I should consider?

shane

Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com