Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

ISO: stealth mics and power supply

(1/2) > >>

ts:
Been using internals on my small handheld recorders and it’s been hit or miss. Mostly miss. It’s loud alt music I really won’t be posting anywhere. Mostly stuff my daughter likes. I won’t be body wearing anything. I have other ways of mounting mics and securing small pres or batt box and recorder. I’m thinking SP mics and and the SP PRE>M10. No idea which mics to look at. Will something like this work? Not looking to spend a lot. Already have recorders.

jagraham:
Church Audio CA-14s or AT-853s. There are card and omni options for each. The CA-14s will be a little cheaper but the 853s will be more durable. Both sound great for the price point.

lmgbtapes:
I just bought a pair of CA-14 omnis and I really love them. Church is actually running a sale right now- $99 for CA-11 or CA-14s. You can't go wrong with either, really. CA-11s are more "flat" (i.e. closer to recording exactly what you hear?), is my understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/churchaudiomics/posts/947707465432137

That + the CA-ugly battery box is pretty much as small and perfect for stealth as you can get, I think? https://www.church-audio.com/shop/battery-boxes/ugly-battery-box/

I use a zoom h4n pro that has pretty good preamps, hence not needing a preamp. So this setup is pretty perfect for me.

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: jagraham on June 13, 2018, 06:30:37 PM ---Church Audio CA-14s or AT-853s. There are card and omni options for each. The CA-14s will be a little cheaper but the 853s will be more durable. Both sound great for the price point.

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Both show up pretty regularly here in the yard sale as well. (Be sure to get the low-sensitivity mod for the 853s if you're recording anything even moderately loud.)

ts:

--- Quote from: nulldogmas on June 14, 2018, 09:05:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: jagraham on June 13, 2018, 06:30:37 PM ---Church Audio CA-14s or AT-853s. There are card and omni options for each. The CA-14s will be a little cheaper but the 853s will be more durable. Both sound great for the price point.

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Both show up pretty regularly here in the yard sale as well. (Be sure to get the low-sensitivity mod for the 853s if you're recording anything even moderately loud.)

--- End quote ---

Who does the mod?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version