Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Analog taping  (Read 2079 times)

Offline jamheadUGA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Analog taping
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:47:49 AM »
Is it acceptable to tape onto an analog tape and share it? or would it be too bad of quality?

I am on a VERY tight budget and i want to spend the least amount possible, using as much as possible on mics

Basically i am asking, whats more important: the media taping onto or the mics? Thanks in advance

Offline RobC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Analog taping
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 02:35:50 AM »
Many would argue that a good master analog source is better than many digital sources.

The probalem with analog was that it didn't hold up when copied, and that why digital storage became [o[ular with tapers.

I would say if you already have a good portable analog deck go for it,  but if you don't already have one you may be able to find a good digital recorder like a JB3 cheeper than a good analog deck
km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:14:20 AM »
I love analog masters...  The few that my friend Nic gave me gen2 sounded great...  He used a Marantz PMD430 methinks for a long time before going DAT...

But if you are on a budget, you could get a Nomad 3.  But if you already have the analog deck, fire it up!!!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline jamheadUGA

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 10:31:55 AM »
More and more i am hearing JB3 so i think i will go that way. Thanks for the help guys.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 12:20:24 PM »
When you share it, esp. electronically, just make sure people know it's analog, and they can decide whether they want to DL it.   Their choice!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline jamheadUGA

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 02:20:09 PM »
will do

Depechemode1993

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 12:01:08 PM »
I sometimes use as cassette recorder and my sony ecm-717 mic. D6 and D3 cassette recorders are awsome! :)

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 05:15:13 PM »
get a tascam BR-20.  that thing rule the analog world.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com