Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mini-me needs Repair  (Read 7359 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mini-me needs Repair
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:08 PM »
I'll have to take that over to the wire EDM and cut me a nice slot....thanks for the kludge, Freelunch.... 8)

Yep, a panel mount BNC would be the cat's ass....
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline skaggs

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
Hey Capn,

did they actually fix that crappy spdf out?  I always use the aes, but it would be nice to be able to give that to people as a patch,.  that said, i don't use mine that often, as my p2 a/d sounds pretty good.  thanks

richard

I just tested it with a straight RCA......and I'll be damned ---- I can still get it to start dropping out if I wiggle it just so.  I've been runnung a right-angle cable since the supposed "fix", and have been lucky, so far. 

Why can't these guys spec a part that works?

Worse than liars, are "inept" liars.... >:(

Weaksauce!   ::)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
All this talk of Mini-me.  Has anyone opened it up?  I'd like to know what is inside.  I heard somewhere that it has INA163 preamps.  What about the ADC chip?

Also, is it a simple problem (physical connection) with the RCA jack or is there something with the chip/driver that is breaking?

Thanks,
  Richard
'
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
All this talk of Mini-me.  Has anyone opened it up?  I'd like to know what is inside.  I heard somewhere that it has INA163 preamps.  What about the ADC chip?

Also, is it a simple problem (physical connection) with the RCA jack or is there something with the chip/driver that is breaking?

Thanks,
  Richard
'
\

Nah, Richard......the damn board-mounted female RCA doesn't grip the center pin properly.  It is a well-known problem that many owners have.......one that Apogee won't acknowledge, even after charging you $180 for the supposed "repair" that ends up not working any better than the part they replace.

ripoff

Kevin
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com