Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Tidal v. Qobuz

(1/3) > >>

MakersMarc:
So I had Tidal for a year. Decent content but either red book or MQA for the most part. And although some MQA releases do sound good, some did not. Pricey at 19.95 a month.

Hit up a Qobuz free trial and cancelled the Tidal immediately. Qobuz has a ton of 24/96 releases, in many many cases Tidal only had redbook and Qobuz has hi res.

And the Qobuz stream just sounds better, hi res or red book. Way better. Content seems pretty even. Way better search functions too.

Thought this might help someone in the market. $14.95 ain’t cheap but it’s a better product than the $19.95 Tidal. IMO. And I simply won’t pay for lossy streaming.

Chilly Brioschi:
Streaming services = about the cost of 2 releases a month and nothing to keep at the end...
(Unless you re-record the stuff you like, although that is against user agreement and law)

If you have use of all of the content, it's probably well worth it.

About quality, it will always vary due to the nature of streaming, and I do not believe any service will guarantee bit rate/depth.
Like cell carriers, they always fallback based on conditions and have limited caching in the stream...

jerryfreak:

--- Quote from: 108Ω on January 15, 2020, 01:00:07 AM ---Streaming services = about the cost of 2 releases a month and nothing to keep at the end...
(Unless you re-record the stuff you like, although that is against user agreement and law)

About quality, it will always vary due to the nature of streaming, and I do not believe any service will guarantee bit rate/depth.
Like cell carriers, they always fallback based on conditions and have limited caching in the stream...

--- End quote ---

do personal plex setups provision like that?

MakersMarc:

--- Quote from: 108Ω on January 15, 2020, 01:00:07 AM ---Streaming services = about the cost of 2 releases a month and nothing to keep at the end...

--- End quote ---

I have thousands of cds and downloads,  but for example, if I want to listen to the entire Rush catalog, I’m in for like $500. Or $14.95. On a disability budget, Qobuz is perfect.

noahbickart:

--- Quote from: MakersMarc on January 15, 2020, 10:29:30 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I have thousands of cds and downloads,  but for example, if I want to listen to the entire Rush catalog, I’m in for like $500. Or $14.95. On a disability budget, Qobuz is perfect.

--- End quote ---

$500 = ~3 years of a subscription.

If you plunk down $500 on software, at least you own it and can listen to it.

If you stop paying after 3 years you spent the same money but have nothing.

I have 4+tb of lossless music. I do have to replace a hard drive every now and again. But at least I own the data....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version