Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-60D - 4 Channel recorder  (Read 112172 times)

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
Re: Tascam DR-60D - 4 Channel recorder
« Reply #330 on: October 02, 2014, 12:03:48 AM »
Specs say up the 32gb supported. Has anyone tried a 64gb card for shits and giggles?
100% does not work
Gives you an error message. Can't recall exactly what it was bit something about can't format or no card.

32 vs 64 is the dividing point between SDHC and SDXC so it's a common point of demarcation for max capacity.

Fran

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Making my maiden voyage with the DR-60D this week (Tuesday - Drive-By Truckers), so re-reading the thread and playing with the recorder today.  Soaking it all in.  I have a few questions, but I'll see if they've been answered already before posting them. 

I pulled the recorder out today and my wife wanted to know what it was. hehehe.  ;D  Of course, I had already told her about it and had her give it to me for my birthday instead of buying me a gift.  And she accuses *me* of not listening to *her*.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2014, 03:33:58 PM »
Okay, so here is my first question...  I live stream the audio from time to time and expect to do so with the Truckers on Tuesday.  I've output the audio many different ways in the past - direct via USB out of my UA-5 when I had one and most recently, line out from my M-10 into the mic in on the laptop.  Which output on the DR-60D do you think I should use to output a signal to my laptop.  I'm guessing Line Out.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
Okay, so here is my first question...  I live stream the audio from time to time and expect to do so with the Truckers on Tuesday.  I've output the audio many different ways in the past - direct via USB out of my UA-5 when I had one and most recently, line out from my M-10 into the mic in on the laptop.  Which output on the DR-60D do you think I should use to output a signal to my laptop.  I'm guessing Line Out.
i would go line out maybe camera, not headphone
I can't recall the difference but camera out is not as "loud" at 10 as line is
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Sorry if I overlooked this subject somewhere else on the boards, but with the release of the DR-60D mkII, does anyone know what differences there are between it and the original -60D?  Off the bat, the only readily noticeable ones are the buttons/color scheme and touting that the mkII supports "high-output microphones", whatever that means compared to the mkI.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »
Sorry if I overlooked this subject somewhere else on the boards, but with the release of the DR-60D mkII, does anyone know what differences there are between it and the original -60D?  Off the bat, the only readily noticeable ones are the buttons/color scheme and touting that the mkII supports "high-output microphones", whatever that means compared to the mkI.

MSRP

Offline willndmb

« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »
couple of posts here that tell the differences http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=170048.0
Red handles
Higher gain
Price
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

Offline buckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
^^^^^^

I believe those are high definition red handles.   ;) ;D

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:49 PM »

So I picked up Jamos' open box DR60d from the YS

First impressions...

Smaller than I thought it would be especially the screen. I would like some reference marks on the meters but it has the numerical peak readout so not so bad. The status indicators for the features I don't use (limiter,lowcut,etc) take up room I would rather have for the meters.

Form factor is going to take some getting used to for running in a bag. I'm used to either a larger upright oriented deck (Marantz 670, R4) or a mini deck (Marantz 620, DR2D).

Gobbles the rechargeable AAs running my ADK TLs which are a little power hungry. I have a 5 volt external just need a cable for it. Hopefully I can get through a whole show with that and AAs for backup.
Guess I'll get another USB battery like that Anker people have linked to since the one I have is a little long in the tooth.

Haven't had a chance to run it for a show yet but in a home test the preamps sound decent...no hiss even at max gain.

I like the menus. Different than the DR2D I used to run but still fairly easy to navigate.

Pretty impressed with the feature set for the price.

So nothing new to report  :)
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #339 on: November 03, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
Folks, please help me make sure the polarity is correct coming out of this adaptaplug tip connected  to a Tekkeon MP3300 battery pack.  The thing that bothers me is that the flat on the black connector and the flat on the white connector are reversed to each other even though the + marks line up. 

The + side of the white tip and the + tip of the charger cable are on the same side.  Checking with a volt meter, it appears that I have 5v positive voltage from the connector on the side of the side of the tip marked with a sharpie "+" shown in the lower left hand part of the photo.  Ground ("G") is marked on the opposite side of the usb tip in the photo as well.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #340 on: November 03, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
^^ Yes, that is the correct alignment.  I have the same mini-USB tip and Tekkeon MP3300, and I have run my DR-60D just like that several times for hours at a clip.  No issues.  As long as the "+" marks line up on the tip and the cable, you're OK. 

BTW, nice score on the mini-USB tip.  They've been out of production for awhile but do pop up regularly on eBay.

Offline 2manyrocks

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #341 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
Thank you. 

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #342 on: November 07, 2014, 08:19:40 PM »
I'm looking for a powering solution.  I've been using my Tekkeon MP3300 and it works okay, but I don't trust it as it doesn't hold a charge great.  If I charge just before going out, it will be fine, but if it sites for a couple days, it will lose some charge and i'm not sure how much is lost.

The Anker and the Jackery solutions look good and the price is pretty good.  Anyone using these and can give some insight on which one to order?

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline willndmb

« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »
I'm looking for a powering solution.  I've been using my Tekkeon MP3300 and it works okay, but I don't trust it as it doesn't hold a charge great.  If I charge just before going out, it will be fine, but if it sites for a couple days, it will lose some charge and i'm not sure how much is lost.

The Anker and the Jackery solutions look good and the price is pretty good.  Anyone using these and can give some insight on which one to order?
I have a rav power I believe it's called from amazon
Works great
Ankers have good reviews too

Offline 2manyrocks

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2014, 09:10:29 PM »
There is a deal on that Ravpower battery at newegg flash right now, but it's white.  I ordered one because I'm still scared of the multipower settings on the Tekkeon I bought, and I think the smaller size of the Rav will be easier to mount to my tascam some way or the other.  I'm still thinking through a custom mount for it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com