Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iPod connect options for factory car stereo.  (Read 3304 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
iPod connect options for factory car stereo.
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »
Looking for a solution that does not require replacing the factory unit and I do not want a wireless transmitter.

These seem to be two good options:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_531FMRDS/DICE-FM-Modulator-Interface.html?tp=121&tab=detailed_info

http://isimplesolutions.com/universal-solutions-TranzItPRO-IS77PRO.aspx

The Dice has USB and Sirius. The isimple is ipod only. Both have remotes. They both claim great audio quality utilizing the antenna input on the factory head unit, yet some of the reviews still have people complaining of FM noise that would be typical of wireless transmitters. ???

So as usual, I'm stumped. ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:33:16 PM by ts »

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: iPod connect options for factory car stereo.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »
http://www.pie.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=92&Itemid=40

If your factory radio head has a cd changer input you can likely get a connector that will give you an aux in.  Takes a little installation but a much cleaner and better sounding solution than any transmitter type option.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:42:59 PM »
What kind of car and with what features???  Work the Crutchfield website.  They will find exactly what you need.  I would stay away from anything FM related...  If your factory has a CD changer input, that's the way to go. 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline ts

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »
Yes, I have a CD changer but won't I lose it connecting this way or can a splitter be used?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Yes, I have a CD changer but won't I lose it connecting this way or can a splitter be used?

the way the adapter I bought from pie.net works is it plugs into the cd changer slot in the back of hte unit and then the cd changer can plug into the back of that.  So bottom line you cant use both at once, but sending a signal through one or the other will work

Offline ts

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »
I looked at pie but did not find anything for my vehicle (Land Rover) but did find this:

http://gromaudio.com/store/ipd3_adapters/bmw_mini_rover_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

Looks like it keeps the CD changer connected, however it refers to an in dash changer, mine is under the seat. :hmmm:

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »
chances are your cable from the cd changer snakes to your dash unit....what my aux unit did, plugged into the back of the head unit, then the CD changer plug plugged inot the adapter (which is plugged into the head unit) if that makes any sense...

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »
Land Rover

This guy will work for 2011 Land Rover "Rover Sport" model with Facotry Radio: 

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142IPFMRDS/Scosche-IPFMRDS.html?tp=120

It pugs into the FM antenna input on the factory stereo, and the antenna plugs into that.  I couldn't find anything that works via the CD Changer, not that it doens't exist...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline ts

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
The scosche and the dice both plug into the antenna input. For now those two are my only options for retaining the use of the changer and having sirius/xm and usb capabilities. The grom mentioned in my other post dumps the changer unless the changer is built into the head unit. >:( The grom is nice. They claim it will support a 500gb hard drive. Forgot to ask about flac. Maybe the time has come to transfer all my cd's. :o

I'll keep searching for now. Has to be a solution that works thru the cd changer input and retains the use of the changer via a switch or something.

No new Rover for me. It's an '02 Discovery 2. :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com