Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Analysis Plus Yellow Oval or Moon Audio Silver Dragon mic cables?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
I am wondering if any of you have used the Analysis Plus Yellow Oval cables or the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables as microphone cables.  I am also wondering if either of these would represent an upgrade from Audio Magic X-Stream mic cables.  Does anybody have experiences with any of these?  I was thinking of going the Zaolla route because they sound fantastic, but they are too thick and stiff.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: Analysis Plus Yellow Oval or Moon Audio Silver Dragon mic cables?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »
Jamie, I ran X-Streams from 1999>2005 and I must say, go the custom silver-clad route IMO. I honestly noticed a decent upgrade even on my meager(at best) home audio system, and can def hear a diff on cans :) Ask Matt(thegreatgumbino) to hook you up. He made my MBHO Silver-Clad "actives"(Mini-XLR's) and my 20' Pair w/ regular 3-Pin Neutriks, and both pair are techflex'd together except about 1' from each end. Theyre totally badass and I dont see myself ever buying cables again, or at least ANYTIME SOON ;)

I dunno, just throwing the option/idea out there. Not to mention the $$$ you'll save for the same quality IMO! I LOVE my Hi Ho cables! I even sold my old Leegeddy MiAGi II cables once I got the Hi Ho's :) Thats saying ALOT!!!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:46:16 AM »
Just ordered a pair of the Moon Audio Silver Dragon mic cables and a mini to mini interconnect.  They were not cheap, but the mic cables have an eight-wire solid silver core and the interconnect has a four-wire solid silver core.  The mic cables will also be terminated in silver-plated Neutrik connectors and the interconnect will have silver mini plugs.

All of the other designs with the exception of the Zaolla had either silver-plated copper conductors or only copper conductors.  The Zaollas have a silver core, but are too stiff and inflexible in my experience for easy use in the field.  We will see what happens when I use them at the end of the year.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

J.T.L

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »
I use Blue Dragon headphone cables on my HD650's and love the build on them...really nice work.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com