Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Recording Question  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Gary Hull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • All who Yonder are not Lost!!!
    • CDR List
JB3 Recording Question
« on: August 10, 2003, 10:19:37 AM »
For any of you JB3 owners out their I have a question for you.  In any of your recordings so far have you had a small section that sound staticy or cracky???  I recorded the YMSB show at Grassroots yesterday using the JB3, and I have a section of about 25 seconds or so where the sound is very cracky sounding.  From what I can tell the rest of the recording sounds perfect, just this little bit.  I know that there was no technical difficulty with my rig, because I was splitting my optical signal and recording on MD as a backup and it sounds perfect during that same section.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be so I can make sure it doesn't happen again?

Gary

Offline Gary Hull

• Taperssection Newbie
    • CDR List
Re:JB3 Recording Question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 01:01:13 PM »
Here is something else I found weird, which I don't if anyone else has had this problem or not.  If I pull the file from the JB3 and then try to open it in CDWave, I get the following message:

File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size?  (Yes to override header, No to trust header, Cancel to abort).

Now if I open it in Sound Forge and just hit "Save As" and then rename it, it will open in CDWave fine.  I would appreciate any input that you could give.

Gary Hull

Offline Gary Hull

• Taperssection Newbie
    • CDR List
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 03:44:34 PM »
I think I may have answered my first question.  It appears that I didn't have my optical cable connected as tightly as I should have.  I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in for Les and Rusted Root and both of those recordings seem fine from what I have heard.  

I still don't have an answer to my second question though regarding the File Header.  I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this is or has happened to them.  And if you were able to stop it.

Thanks,

Gary

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »
Here is something else I found weird, which I don't if anyone else has had this problem or not.  If I pull the file from the JB3 and then try to open it in CDWave, I get the following message:

File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size?  (Yes to override header, No to trust header, Cancel to abort).

Now if I open it in Sound Forge and just hit "Save As" and then rename it, it will open in CDWave fine.  I would appreciate any input that you could give.

Gary Hull

Just click "no" to trust the header and you're good to go
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.205 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com