Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how to create a DVD A in wavelab?  (Read 7533 times)

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
Re: how to create a DVD A in wavelab?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 09:25:35 AM »

So, how many people actually have DVD-A players? I've been creating DVD-video discs with 24-bit audio on them. I figured this is what most people would have equipment for...
Wayne

yep dvd-a's are getting more popular I wish more people had them. samsung and Toshiba make great multi players that play anything DVD and they are not that expensive.
the show is over go home please.

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 06:10:49 AM »
yep dvd-a's are getting more popular I wish more people had them. samsung and Toshiba make great multi players that play anything DVD and they are not that expensive.

I just bought the Samsung DVD player. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here later this week.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 08:58:42 AM »

I just bought the Samsung DVD player. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here later this week.

Wayne

which one? I belive i have the 841. It is amazing. if your tv supports DVI deffinatly hook it up that way. I have noticed that the samsung has a bit of memory in it. when you shut it off it remembers where you were last.

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 09:36:34 AM »
which one? I belive i have the 841. It is amazing. if your tv supports DVI deffinatly hook it up that way. I have noticed that the samsung has a bit of memory in it. when you shut it off it remembers where you were last.

The HD841. I bought it more for the audio than the video. I have a nice Sony DVD Player that is only a few years old (4), but doesn't support any high def audio stuff.

I can't hook up DVI since my TV was made before that (it's 7 years old now). In fact, I may not hook it up to a TV at all. Can I do that? Do I need to look at some screen to play Audio DVDs and CDs?

Wayne

kskreider

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 11:45:44 AM »

In fact, I may not hook it up to a TV at all. Can I do that? Do I need to look at some screen to play Audio DVDs and CDs?

Wayne

No, you don't need the TV at all (unless you have a DVD-V ewith menus).  I originally bought my Pioneer DV-525 b/c it had a coaxial out and ran that digi-audio into a HHb CDR850 to clone CD's.  Worked fine as it was for years before I thought about renting a DVD one night. 

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 03:56:41 PM »
yes you do to acess some content.

for instance the zappa halloween dvda has video as well

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 12:26:37 PM »
Does Nero Burning Rom make 24/96 disc playable in any DVD player? I know of a program, Audio DVD Creator that does, but it costs $45  :( Is there a cheap or free way to make a 24/96 disc that plays in any old DVD player?

Are the discs made with WaveLab playable in any DVD player or just DVD-A compatable players?

My experience has been that most DVD players do not support DVD-A right now.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Scooter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 11:04:33 AM »
Nero will burn DVD-V discs, but the files (Video-TS folder) have to be generated by another prog.  I believe 24/96 files can be put on DVD-V discs (i've done 16/48 & 24/48 on DVD-V).  Wavelab will only generate DVD-A discs which of course require a DVD-A capable player.  I have used Sony DVD Architect to make DVD-V discs, not free, but you might find a demo somewhere.  I think the Adobe DVD progs (cant' remember the name right now) can do this as well, again, not free, but maybe a demo out there somewhere.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 11:06:45 AM »
Is there a cheap or free way to make a 24/96 disc that plays in any old DVD player?

If you had a Mac, then the answer would be yes since they come with iMovie and iDVD. That's how I've been doing it recently.

Wayne

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com