Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cymatic Audio LR-16  (Read 3336 times)

Offline pwig

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Cymatic Audio LR-16
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:01 PM »

Any opinions on this option? http://cymaticaudio.com/products/recorders-players/live-recorder-lr16

Looking for anyone who has used this in a live recording situation.

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cymatic Audio LR-16
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
That appears to retail for $499 in the US now and would seem to require you to connect to a board that has direct outs. 

You could buy a Behringer X18 mixer that will record all channels via USB to a PC for $499 that comes with a 3 year factory warranty if you register it.  Then it's all in the box and you get a mixer, too, not to mention wifi control of the mixer.   

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
I have one. It's good for the basic use for the design, but not much else. Designed for inserts, so have to be careful if you're plugging in a balanced input. Unbalanced makes no difference. The monitoring interface is clunky but does exist. However, you can't adjust the monitoring once you hit record.

It was nice walking into a venue to do a soundboard patch with snakes + lr16 + power all in a small bag. I did use it for a stealth gig one time.

I rarely use it since I upgraded to the Cymatic Utrack24. Bigger but way more powerful. Although there's one show this summer that I might break it out of retirement.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline pwig

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
That appears to retail for $499 in the US now and would seem to require you to connect to a board that has direct outs. 

You could buy a Behringer X18 mixer that will record all channels via USB to a PC for $499 that comes with a 3 year factory warranty if you register it.  Then it's all in the box and you get a mixer, too, not to mention wifi control of the mixer.

The Behringer looks very nice and for the same price. Anyone actually use one?

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 11:23:52 PM »

The Behringer looks very nice and for the same price. Anyone actually use one?

Back to GS again: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/live-sound/976177-behringer-xr12-x-air.html
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.156 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com