Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nakamichi CM300 - screw stuck (fixed, but still not working) - need advice  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
Hi,

While testing my new mics I found out one of them had occasionally some noise, as if some connection was not very well.
The XLR pins seemed a bit loose. So I took out the screws to look at the wires. This seems ok.

Then I discovered the screw (the one at the bottem) that holds the XLR-pins in place in the tube (atleasth that I was I think it does) is stuck and completely throught the hole. I can no longer connect the xlr because if I remove it, the whole things comes out of the tube.

I hope this is a bit clear and someone can give some advice.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:35:05 PM by Popmarter »
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Walstib62

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Nakamichi CM300 - screw stuck - need advice
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »
That screw is a left hand thread. to tighten it, turn it counter-clockwise

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
Re: Nakamichi CM300 - screw stuck - need advice
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
That screw is a left hand thread. to tighten it, turn it counter-clockwise

Yep...^^^^pesky suckers - I forget everytime!

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
Re: Nakamichi CM300 - screw stuck (fixed, but still not working) - need advice
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »
Thanks, that made it easier... took some time but I got it now, how to get that XLR steady. For those interested. You have to get the screw in before putting in in the tube. Once it is in the tube you have to get it before the hole-gate and turn the screw clockwise (it raises) to get it stuck. Sorry no better way to explain in English.

Problem not fixed. Even become worse. no sound, just noise. (like a radio out of tune).
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
Re: Nakamichi CM300 - screw stuck (fixed, but still not working) - need advice
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 06:21:41 PM »
Check the spring on the negative end of the battery - the point where it joins the circuit board...this is a notorious failure point.

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
Thanks guys for the help. Today I had it checked by a technical friend (and Nakamichi guru (decks mostly)). He did some measurements, cleaned stuff, resoldered something but the problem is most likely in the transformer.

I guess there is no replacement for that?

Anyway, looking for a replacement now, see yardsale.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com