Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Movo windscreens (outdoor)  (Read 10226 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: Movo windscreens (outdoor)
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »
I used the WS80's here in February...wide spread omni's outdoors...worked AOK

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=176791.msg2180872#msg2180872

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 11:24:36 AM »
I have an outdoor festie next weekend.  Should be blustery, if anything.  The winds like to swirl in the Amp I'll be taping at at. 

WST50's get their maiden voyage.  My new DPA UA0896's arrived yesterday.  I'll run them with gorilla hair.  Overall, It'll be a nice comparison.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
Dan,
     I've owned BOTH the WS80's[fur-covered] and the WST50's[black ballistic nylon], and so far, I MUCH prefer the all-black WST50's IMO! The fur is a PITA to deal with and gets EVERYWHERE, while the WST50's are fur-less and all black taboot!

Just get the 3cm WST50's and be done with it. I PROMISE that they will work great for you. The WST50's have an inside depth of 2" according to the Movo WST50 boxes that came with my screens ;)

That said, if you're interested in some WS80's[fur-covered, which are the IDENTICAL same size as my WST50's FWIW], hit me up! I'll sell you some WS80's for cheaper than new ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
Very successful run with the Movo WST50's over the weekend.  We had wind all day for the festival.  Even some big gusts had the stands wobbling.  Wind was in our face.  The Movos did a great job minimizing any wind damage in my recordings; to almost negligible.   I was caught by surprise.  I have 10+ years of experience using DPA UA896's outdoors, with dead rats.  The DPA's don't come close to being as effective as the Movos, where sporadic spikes of wind damage used to be the norm under the same conditions.   The Movo WST50's are definitely a "Buy" in my book.  I'm very happy with my purchase.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »
Dredging this topic up to see if people have opinions on the Movo WST50's vs the big Shure screens.  I've got Rockygrass coming up, and it seems that always presents the biggest problem I have for wind.  The big Shure's always have worked fine for me for even the worst winds including the really blowing Red Rocks days, but that is for higher SPL music. 

It always seems that when SPLs are low that wind noise can be the worst, maybe the diaphragms aren't tensioned or something.  But the talking during the acoustic Rockygrass sets or the initial banjo or mando picking before the song gets going can be problematic when winds are high, and even the big Shures allow some lower level rumbles onto the recording.

Wondering if the Movo WST50's, maybe with fur added as well, would be better than the Shures.  Any opinions on the effectiveness of the Movo's vs the Shures from people who have used both?
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com