Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MobilePre USB  (Read 4904 times)

Offline mfh2014

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Rock
    • bigherm
Re:M-Audio MobilePre USB
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 05:58:26 PM »
Hey now...have you looked at the Tascam US-122...I'll admit I haven't heard/seen the MobilePre...but I was pretty happy with my results with the US-122...in any case, i've since upgraded to the FW410...so I have the US-122 lying around gathering dust.....you're free to check it out if you like...just let me know..

matt

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2004, 01:30:29 PM »
wow, didnt realize there was anyone else here beside me and john kelley running the 410 as anything except a way to do 24/96 with thier laptop from another pre/ad

Offline mfh2014

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Rock
    • bigherm
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2004, 03:11:01 PM »
Yup...I don't post often...but i've been running the 410 for a few months now..it' s been quite solid for me...I run Audix SCX-one > 410 > Dell X200 w/ Samplitude 7...sounds good to my ears, and the price was right for a poor college student.....

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2004, 03:46:10 PM »
the price is definantly right

i ran mine in the field for the first time last night, did a few comps, running 24/96 one set and 24/48 one set

overall i think my first recording sounds great, and this thing is a tank.... probably the most solid pre/ad box ive ever owned, as ive never had a v2/v3

and it is so stable doing 24/96 over firewire... i love it

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 09:54:59 PM »
I bought one of those mobilpre’s today. I figured it was cheap and I really do not do that much laptop recording so I really did not want to dump the money on the 410 if I didn’t need to right away. I am going to give it its first run tomorrow night. I will let you guys know how it sounds. I will probably put the show (Signal Path) on archive and just post the address. Or I could do a private bit torrent thing if anyone is interested. I will be running it with wavelab. So far all I really have to say is it is very easy to use and setup. It sounds pretty good on the tests I ran today but I really will not know until I run it in the field. If it turns out to suck (I do not think it will be that bad) I can always return it and get a credit toward a 410.  :)
Live Rig:

mk21 / mk22 > KC10 > cmc6 > V3 > Mixpre 6ii

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

NAD C328 > Klipsch RP-400M

Detroit Then, Denver, Now.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com