Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who Wants to Make 25$ - Need Help  (Read 137 times)

Offline NewTaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Who Wants to Make 25$ - Need Help
« on: Yesterday at 11:16:17 AM »
Sorry if this should be in classifieds?

I will PayPal anyone who can put together a video that shows exactly how to time align to audio tracks in Adobe Audition due to digital drift.
Soundboard and Audience mix or two audience tapes etc.
I have read a few tutorials but I just can't get it. I am a visual learner so if I can see this done once I can do it and I am sure there are many who would benefit from a video like this!

Please Help.

Thanks,
NT

Offline morst

• Archivist: Camper Van Beethoven & Cracker
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Get in touch if you wanna record Cracker or CVB!
    • Soundscape Preservation Society
Re: Who Wants to Make 25$ - Need Help
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 02:52:15 PM »
Sorry if this should be in classifieds?

I will PayPal anyone who can put together a video that shows exactly how to time align to audio tracks in Adobe Audition due to digital drift.
Soundboard and Audience mix or two audience tapes etc.
I have read a few tutorials but I just can't get it. I am a visual learner so if I can see this done once I can do it and I am sure there are many who would benefit from a video like this!
I have never used Audition, but the task you need is two alignment sync spots, one near the start and one near the end of the files. When you find these and mark them relative to the track you're not planning to change, you will also need to mark the start of the moved track at each point, so you can measure the difference (how far you moved it.)

After finding the points, I use a spreadsheet to calculate the math (stretch or squash to sync) to make them the same length for the overlapped section.

Once one has been adjusted in length, then simply slide it to match the other (reference) at the first sync point, then check to see if the math worked because the second point should be correct now as well

Then you can mix them.

Sorry it's not a video, but since I don't use Adobe anyhow, my Audacity movie might not help you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's about as short as I can describe my process. Hope it helps.
Teams: Neumann, Bay Area Tapers, Multitrack, Pioneertown Tapers, Mac Geeks, Cassette Masters, Poster Collectors, Alumni of teams St Louis, Upper Midwest & Milwaukee / Southern Wisco

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com