Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thoughts on ACM V3  (Read 21214 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Thoughts on ACM V3
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
The whole reason I looked in to this mod was because I didn't like some of my recent panic tapes. I'm anxious to hear these on my home stereo. SO far I have only had it on my headphones and it sounds nice. I'll add WSP 2005-07-25 to my offering for BnP. Send me a pm:

schoeps 621(nos)>acmV3>hdp2
24/48
sec 2, row O, seat 22.

Too much bass with the 21's.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,107850.0.html
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:54:04 AM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »
yeah, i totally forgot the hidden feature of the ad1000- frying grilled cheese in the lot to get you to the next show :)

theres a reason the ad2k cost $1800 new - it was (is?) the best portable AD ever built

Except for the Apogee AD1000

Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

Doug was offering a TCM mod but I have not heard it yet and would assume that it would be better suited to the Neumann's and AKG's.

If he was, he is no longer does. I asked about 2 weeks ago.
never even heard of one person getting the tcm mod on here and that was the one I more interested in hearing being an akg guy. Dam that sucks
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »

Doug was offering a TCM mod but I have not heard it yet and would assume that it would be better suited to the Neumann's and AKG's.

never even heard of one person getting the tcm mod on here and that was the one I more interested in hearing being an akg guy. Dam that sucks

When Doug and I initially spoke about a possible V3 mod and after he first modded my unit I got the distinct feeling that it was going to be a word of mouth mod anyways.  Nothing on his site about it that i've ever seen.  I have to think that there would be at least one TCM modded unit out there somewhere. 

If you're really considering trying a modded V3 to use with your AKG's then call him up and talk to him.  Doug is never at a loss for sharing his thoughts on sound and the sound different pieces of equipment make. 

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »

When Doug and I initially spoke about a possible V3 mod and after he first modded my unit I got the distinct feeling that it was going to be a word of mouth mod anyways.  Nothing on his site about it that i've ever seen.  I have to think that there would be at least one TCM modded unit out there somewhere. 

If you're really considering trying a modded V3 to use with your AKG's then call him up and talk to him.  Doug is never at a loss for sharing his thoughts on sound and the sound different pieces of equipment make. 

If there is a tcm v3 out there I haven't heard of one yet, not to say there isn't but they aren't on this board.
I'm happy enough with my stock V3 that it's not worth the effort for me. I only wanted to hear one for comparison sake.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
ACM V3 is helping me achieve my personal best recordings. The soundstage is huge. It really pairs well with the schoeps.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 01:02:09 PM »
ACM V3 is helping me achieve my personal best recordings. The soundstage is huge. It really pairs well with the schoeps.

I was just getting ready to PM you Louie.  I just grabbed the Funky Meters show and saw you were running the ACM V3?

Have you run it much?   Likes?  Dislikes?

spreadheadtom

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Just got mine in from Doug.  Maiden voyage will be WSP next wednesday.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »

Sweet!  Congrats Tommy, didn't know that  you were getting a non-stock V3.   

Should be a good way to get some mic comps with the ACM V3's in NOLA.   DPA's x2, Senn's and Schoeps.   

Also just to refresh things, when I first got my V3 modded by Doug I spoke with the guys over at Grace and was told they would definitely honor the warranty if Doug had worked on them.  Not sure if any of you have warranty left but good to know that Mike will honor it after its been modded.

spreadheadtom

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »

Should be a good way to get some mic comps with the ACM V3's in NOLA.   DPA's x2, Senn's and Schoeps.   

Also just to refresh things, when I first got my V3 modded by Doug I spoke with the guys over at Grace and was told they would definitely honor the warranty if Doug had worked on them.  Not sure if any of you have warranty left but good to know that Mike will honor it after its been modded.

I picked up Matt's (greatgumbino)...had him ship directly to Doug.  Doug had told me he was about 3 weeks behind and I asked to be bumped to have it back in time for Memphis Panic.

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 03:16:28 PM »

I picked up Matt's (greatgumbino)...had him ship directly to Doug.  Doug had told me he was about 3 weeks behind and I asked to be bumped to have it back in time for Memphis Panic.

DOn't forget to use the HPF.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »

I knew that but didn't know you were getting it modded.   Awesome.   For so long I was the only one that had one and now there are at least 6-7 out there that I know of.  

Good to hear that Doug is still cranking things out if he's backed up 3 weeks.

As has been said before big big big soundstage.   You'll love it!

spreadheadtom

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »

DOn't forget to use the HPF.

seriously?  position 1 or 2?

spreadheadtom

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »

I knew that but didn't know you were getting it modded.   Awesome.   For so long I was the only one that had one and now there are at least 6-7 out there that I know of.  

Good to hear that Doug is still cranking things out if he's backed up 3 weeks.

As has been said before big big big soundstage.   You'll love it!
I'm hoping it will make these Sennheisers SHINE  8)

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »

I was just getting ready to PM you Louie.  I just grabbed the Funky Meters show and saw you were running the ACM V3?

Have you run it much?   Likes?  Dislikes?

I have run it about 6 times and love it. So far as I can tell, I don't have any dislikes. The soundstage is huge and the bass is thumping. I think it is an improvement over the stock when paired with the schoeps. Ended up trading Dave Howard for his at the Watermelon Park Festival 9/19. What did you think about the Meters show?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com