Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendation  (Read 10782 times)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendation
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 05:13:03 PM »
I recently bought the JBL Flip, I have to say I'm pretty impressed! It sounds pretty good for a little tiny speaker & the battery life is great.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline kubacheck

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Flickr site
Re: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendation
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »
For shear volume, The Block Rocker by Ion.  Costco has these on sale for $120.  I have one I take to the beach, drowns out the wind and the waves. 

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/block-rocker-am-fm

thanks for this recommendation and putting these speakers on my radar.... when I eventually found that my local Sams Club had them for the same $120, I went down there and they had both the Block Rocker AND Job Rocker for that price, so I sat there for like 10 minutes debating the pro's and cons of each.... since I'll mostly be using it around my house and out on the deck, I decided that the 2 AC outlets in the back of the Job Rocker trumped the USB outlet on the Block Rocker, and I'm glad I made that decision.... I can stream my Mac directly to it via Bluetooth, but that makes the speaker the only playback audio device... many times, I'm in and out and when I step inside, I can no longer hear the music being streamed out on the deck, but I realized I can just plug one of my "Airport Express" receivers directly into the back of the Job Rocker and use a patch cable to make it another component of my wi-fi network audio "network".... so now I've basically got my whole house and deck wired for sound to the Mac, thanks to that little Job Rocker....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com