Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wiring Busman Naks to AT8533x adapter?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
Wiring Busman Naks to AT8533x adapter?
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »
Got a set of 8533x adapters to run my hacked naks off of phantom power.  I assume i can just cut my cable (minixlr) and wire them directly to the adapter.  I opened it up and it has three screw down connections labeled R, Y, S. 

If i cut the cable, which is black, white, shield, where do i put these to get the proper connections?  It seems like this should be a simple thing i could handle without sending them off anywehre.  thanks for any input.

Nick

I can take some pictures if need be
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline paulbaptiste

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Wiring Busman Naks to AT8533x adapter?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »
found a diagram showing how to take apart and attach the wires, RYS, red yellow shield, i have black white and shield.  any help?

Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:49:54 PM »
Though you may want to double check with busman on this, I would say that it should go something like this:

shield: shield
red: white
yellow:black

Good Luck!

Nick

Offline paulbaptiste

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:17:51 PM »
thanks for the response, i kinda tricked myself on this, trying to follow the pin positions, each were different from the 8533x to the mini xlr, to the deck itself, in the end i wired black to red, white to yellow, shield to shield, had one of the hots, negs, mixed and it didn't work right, so i assume i'm good now.  thanks again

Nick
robertsnw@yahoo.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com