Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: KE 4 wiring help needed  (Read 8172 times)

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: KE 4 wiring help needed
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 07:37:42 AM »
Where can one acquire a set of these Sennheiser Caps?

Found this:

http://www.distrelec.com/ishopWebFront/catalog/product.do?language=en&shop==YY&series=1&id=01&node=169099&artView=true&productNr=155336

For that price it's tempting, but I'm über happy with my B3s. A bit more bass roll off than the B3, but for practical purposes they seem equivalent in terms of response.

Can the OP please post a pic of the finished product? I'm curious to see the ear bud housing solution. Thanks!

The Sennheiser capsules were a lot cheaper a few years ago, almost as cheap as the Panasonic capsules. I have seen other documents with different schematics for high/low SPL.

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: KE 4 wiring help needed
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 06:37:07 AM »

The Sennheiser capsules were a lot cheaper a few years ago, almost as cheap as the Panasonic capsules. I have seen other documents with different schematics for high/low SPL.

10 or 15 years ago the KE 4 was about £40-50 in 1-off "sample" quantities, but the price dropped considerably if you bought in bulk (ie: several hundred or several thousand).  The current price seems to be about the same price allowing for inflation.

If they were much cheaper than this, then a Sennheiser distributor may have bought some as an "add on" - IE: he had a customer wanting several hundred or thousand and added on, say, 100 for his own stock to take advantage of the lower price.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com