Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 hard drive questions..  (Read 15023 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 722 hard drive questions..
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 08:18:39 AM »
Has anyone noticed any difference between the $100 adapter from SD and generic? I would guess that there are plenty of other commodity PATA to SATA adapters that would work for a lot less than $100.

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
Has anyone noticed any difference between the $100 adapter from SD and generic? I would guess that there are plenty of other commodity PATA to SATA adapters that would work for a lot less than $100.

Not sure, the replacement XL-Sata from Sound Devices isn't really an adapter. It's an entirely new ribbon cable with accompanying electronics that plugs directly into the main board, so I would think almost everything about is proprietary and specific to SD products.

In any event, I've been using mine for over a year and love being able to use a recent gen SSD. Really handy when you accidentally forget to bring an SD card.

Offline thunderbolt

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Music est vita!
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
Not sure, the replacement XL-Sata from Sound Devices isn't really an adapter. It's an entirely new ribbon cable with accompanying electronics that plugs directly into the main board, so I would think almost everything about is proprietary and specific to SD products.

In any event, I've been using mine for over a year and love being able to use a recent gen SSD. Really handy when you accidentally forget to bring an SD card.

Totally agree.  When I had a 744, I bought a SATA adapter and a new HD.  I guess I've been burned too many times in the past by discontinued products like that, so I wanted to make sure it would be future-proof.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com