Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best practices: cdr > processing/editing > flac. advice sought......  (Read 1642 times)

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
hello all...

i used to do *alot* of DAT/cdr trading many years ago.  have some gems here.  i have the whole DAT > FLAC process down cold, and now i need to attack those crucial cdr's while i have the whim to work on them.

here's where im at with this..
- cdr drive EAC offsets all set up properly.
- a pile of cds that i traded for.

where im a bit lost at:
- where in the process do i check for SBE's and fix them?  i use TLH and i know it fixes them.  just not sure what are the proper settings for such a task.

here's my shot in the dark for the PC workflow:
cdr > eac > wav > TLH (fix sbe's) > adobe audition (using 'open append' for each track to reassemble them into 1 wav to edit/process) > cdwav to retrack >TLH flac.

is there an alternate/preferred way to reassemble the tracks into one wav for editing purposes?

any advice is appreciated. 
chris

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: best practices: cdr > processing/editing > flac. advice sought......
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:24:09 PM »
Curious why you want to reassemble as one file to then retrack out the files? I would do as you mention, EAC > individual WAVs. Then in TLH, encode to FLAC with the "fix SBE" box checked. If there aren't any SBE's, nothing will be done to then aside from encoding.

Unless you aren't happy with where some of the track markers are laid out, then I'd avoid the reassembling, personally.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
^ you are correct sir, some of the track markers are way out of whack, and id wager that ill be fixing balance/level issues along with the occasional clapper, so processing on one big file is a bit more streamlined that doing that per track. 

thanks for the infos on fixing any potential SBE's. 

chris

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
If you use SHNTOOLs, you can generate a CUE sheet of the existing Tracks, and then Join them all together.  In CDWave, you can then open the entire Joined file and apply the CUE sheet.  This will make sure any track marks you might want to keep remain the same, while allowing you to adjust others...

Also, you can use EAC to Extract the whole disc at once (Disc Image) or each individual track (and set it to Remove Silent Blocks).  I would do each track with the Remove Silent Block checked. Its been such a long time, but I think some burning programs would correct for SBEs by filling in the missing data with silence...

I think you're just going to have to experiment to figure out what works best for you...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com