Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

recommend AA rechargeable to purchase

(1/5) > >>

rastasean:
Hi All,

Been too long since I've done any serious recording, unfortunately.

I have a few AA rechargeable batteries, but some may be dead and can't be revived by the la crosse charger I have. What's popular these days with yall? There's a frys nearby so I'll price shop between them and amazon.

I vaguely remember the sony M10 not doing as well with rechargeable as non-rechargeable. Is that correct or am I mis-remembering?

thanks!

dnsacks:
my m10 runs great on rechargables (10+ Hours per charge) -- so that's not an issue

You should be good with any name brand LSD (low self-discharge) nimh battery -- I use duracell and everready lsd nimh with great success -- the "gold standard" is the eneloop brand by panasonic.

rastasean:

--- Quote from: dnsacks on October 31, 2016, 12:50:28 PM ---You should be good with any name brand LSD (low self-discharge) nimh battery -- I use duracell and everready lsd nimh with great success -- the "gold standard" is the eneloop brand by panasonic.

--- End quote ---

What milliamp do you use with duracell and everready?

I'll also check out the panasonic ones!

dnsacks:
don't know off the top of my head -- likely 2,200 MAH or so, whatever they had in stock (and on special) at my local grocery store.  Will follow-up when I get home

To be candid, although I run both the "regular" white Eneloops, the high capacity black eneloops and several different batches of energizer/duracell LSD NIMH batteries, all have behaved similarly for me when used/charged in my lacrosse charger.  In fact, since I replaced my pre LSD NIMH batteries a few years ago, I haven't seen a need to discharge/condition any of my current crop and find them all to behave similarly (i.e. they all provide more power/run time than alkaline batteries and all hold their charge quite well for a month or so post-charge)

willndmb:
I too use Duracell, also believe they are like 21/2200

Work great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version