Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: proper battery for sp-spsb-10  (Read 2137 times)

Offline rhinowing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • SPLRA - Smashing Pumpkins Live Recording Association
proper battery for sp-spsb-10
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
Hi all,
     Probably a dumb question, but...I recently got an SP-SPSB-10 box (and sound pros. mics) secondhand from a friend. There was a duracell MN21/23 12V battery in the box, which worked fine. I now need to buy more batteries, and can only find MN23 12V. I was just wondering if this will work ok to power the mics or if I need one which can vary between the two? Secondly, is there a rule of thumb for how long batteries tend to last in-box before they need to be changed?
thanks,
-ben
Please contact me if you've ever taped the Smashing Pumpkins or a related group!

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: proper battery for sp-spsb-10
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »
I just replaced the battery in mine, and the closest one I could fine here was an Energizer A23. Worked fine. I guess if it's the same size and voltage it will do the job. I'm kind of paranoid and get a new one for each show, which is probably overkill. But I did 2 shows this past week with the same battery, it would've been plugged in for around 6-7hrs total, no problems. I get fresh ones because I don't tape that often, so it could be months again before I use it.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: proper battery for sp-spsb-10
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »
Hi all,
     Probably a dumb question, but...I recently got an SP-SPSB-10 box (and sound pros. mics) secondhand from a friend. There was a duracell MN21/23 12V battery in the box, which worked fine. I now need to buy more batteries, and can only find MN23 12V. I was just wondering if this will work ok to power the mics or if I need one which can vary between the two? Secondly, is there a rule of thumb for how long batteries tend to last in-box before they need to be changed?
thanks,
-ben

I would either buy a 12V battery from Sound Pro (they sell for $3/each) or drop Chris (from SP) an email and ask him.  He is usually pretty good about replying to emails in a day or two. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com