Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best replacement battery for H120/320  (Read 8342 times)

Offline MusicTech

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Best replacement battery for H120/320
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 12:11:35 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/6fzv64

I bought this battery (that is my transaction) just recently.  On Saturday I installed it into a (new-to-me) H320. Everything fit well and installed fine. My only hitch was losing one of the motherboard screws under the motherboard (twice) and it was a b**ch to get out. Highly recommend tweezers for those screws on their way out and back in. Fired right up, good solid charge.

BTW, this was a best offer and I bid $15. Next time I will go a bit lower, as I am thinking about replacing a couple of others as well.

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 07:20:57 AM »
Thanks.  I just bought two.  I tried making an offer lower than $15 but it was not accepted.  Still, $30 for two reliable high capacity batteries is not bad at all.  Did it come with the tool to open the unit like it describes in the auction.  Where are they located?  Is there a connector on the battery?  Sorry to ask so many questions.  My irivers are two of my most important pieces of equipment and I want to take ad few risks with them as possible.

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 08:47:14 AM »
I bought one a few months back from the same seller and it does come with tools.  You get the torx screwdriver, and anohter plastic "wedge" tool to help you push apart the faceplate once it's unscrewed (to prevent prying on the thing)  There is a connector on the battery, no need to switch for polarity and there should be a little video showing you exactly how to do it. 

Once you do the first one you'll be fine, i was nervous due to how much pressure i had to put on the connectors when pulling the original battery out, but it turned out fine.  good luck.
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »
Thanks guys.  I see they are located in Brooklyn so hopefully they won't take long to get here.  Like I said, I just don't want to screw anything up.  My irivers are too valuable to me.  I use them both to record audio feeds from mics or a mixer for video work.  I'd be screwed if they got messed up.

Offline MusicTech

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »
I bought one a few months back from the same seller and it does come with tools.  You get the torx screwdriver, and anohter plastic "wedge" tool to help you push apart the faceplate once it's unscrewed (to prevent prying on the thing)  There is a connector on the battery, no need to switch for polarity and there should be a little video showing you exactly how to do it. 

Once you do the first one you'll be fine, i was nervous due to how much pressure i had to put on the connectors when pulling the original battery out, but it turned out fine.  good luck.

What he said. Also pay attention to the orientation of the plug when you pull it out. I got it fine, but for a moment I couldn't recall which way it had come out. Probably only goes in one way, but given how small it is, didn't want to force it in the wrong orientation.

Offline MusicTech

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
Thanks guys.  I see they are located in Brooklyn so hopefully they won't take long to get here.  Like I said, I just don't want to screw anything up.  My irivers are too valuable to me.  I use them both to record audio feeds from mics or a mixer for video work.  I'd be screwed if they got messed up.

Mine came directly out of Hong Kong and took 7-10 days to arrive.  Not sure where it says Brooklyn....

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
The paypal confirmation of payment had a Brooklyn address.

Offline MusicTech

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »
The paypal confirmation of payment had a Brooklyn address.

Ok, I looked it up, and my PayPal had that address too, but it did ship out of Hong Kong.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com