Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SS PA-6LC3 - tiny "hair" wires disconnected  (Read 2204 times)

Offline flipzoso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • The Marble Shrine
SS PA-6LC3 - tiny "hair" wires disconnected
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:30:14 PM »
Hi there,

I'm really not that knowledgeable with fixing wires or any of that kind of stuff.

After a year of stuffing the excessive wire of my PA-6LC3 in my pocket the part where mics connect to the bbox started to get loose. The other night it finally twister off just a bit so that these little tiny gray "hair" wires were separated. Since they were bent and not aligned with the other end of the hair wires, I poked them back to an erect position moved the cap (where its severed) back ontop so they snugged in and taped it back down.

However, I noticed on my iriv levels that the left channel has something creating a constant noise at a very very low level. I don't think it would be a problem. Anyways tomorrow night I suppose I will find out if this small fix solves my issue.

And I guess I may be jumping the gun on posting this now, but has anyone experienced this before? By simply shoving the little hair wires back in does that fix it or would I need to solder it?

Thanks in advance

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SS PA-6LC3 - tiny "hair" wires disconnected
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »
Hi there,

I'm really not that knowledgeable with fixing wires or any of that kind of stuff.

After a year of stuffing the excessive wire of my PA-6LC3 in my pocket the part where mics connect to the bbox started to get loose. The other night it finally twister off just a bit so that these little tiny gray "hair" wires were separated. Since they were bent and not aligned with the other end of the hair wires, I poked them back to an erect position moved the cap (where its severed) back ontop so they snugged in and taped it back down.

However, I noticed on my iriv levels that the left channel has something creating a constant noise at a very very low level. I don't think it would be a problem. Anyways tomorrow night I suppose I will find out if this small fix solves my issue.

And I guess I may be jumping the gun on posting this now, but has anyone experienced this before? By simply shoving the little hair wires back in does that fix it or would I need to solder it?

Thanks in advance
Sad to hear your (very productive!) stealth rig is sick.

It will need solder and fixing (so it doesn't happen again).  I recommend Chris Church to fix it.  He is in Canada, so regular post (well wrapped) should not be too expensive.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline flipzoso

• Taperssection Member
    • The Marble Shrine
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »
Damn! Talk about Murpheys Law: this is right off the bat of Bluesfest and I had crazy plans to record a ton of performers.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:32:29 AM by flipzoso »

Offline flipzoso

• Taperssection Member
    • The Marble Shrine
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
Ok so it still works, with a pop-out here and there but if I keep very stable its still good. Though I will still need to get this fixed.

Now, another question I had is...since the power supply is weakened is it drawing more from my iriver? because it seems to be dying alot quicker than usual which is very unfortunate. Or is this a another, seperate, issue.

fml-uck

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com